A question about frequency

Andy Knight

Hi all,
After 5 or 6 years of joy from my 9200T, yesterday I went out and upgraded to a new HDR-FOX T2. And Im absolutely loving it so far. Just a couple of questions I have:

1.) I also bought a brand new Panasonic 37inch. All fits together nicely. However, I noticed last night that although the tv has a screen frequency thingy of 100hz, (and Im using HDMI cable from hummy to tv), the tv info button said it was only receiving 50hz. Does this mean that freeview is only transmitting at a max rate of 50hz, or is it a setting somewhere I need to change?

2.) Is it true that all channels broadcast a signal to say when a tv show is starting? is this signal reliable? I always used to pad my recordings on my old 9200T, but programmes always overrun, and padding wasnt enough. Does everyone pad?

3.) I noticed in the EPG, you cant advance one day at a time, you have to scroll through. Is that true, or have I missed the option somewhere? (I have installed the latest custom firmware)

4.) Can I copy my recordings from my old 9200T over, the ts files, or do I need to convert them first?

Any response gratefully appreciated.

Andy

2.) Is it true that all channels broadcast a signal to say when a tv show is starting? is this signal reliable? I always used to pad my recordings on my old 9200T, but programmes always overrun, and padding wasnt enough. Does everyone pad?
The major channels provide the accurate recording signal and for us it works very well (significantly better than the 9200). There are people here who recommend padding but I suggest you start off with accurate recording and see how you get on; it does require that the box is receiving from a single transmitter to work reliably.
3.) I noticed in the EPG, you cant advance one day at a time, you have to scroll through. Is that true, or have I missed the option somewhere?
Exactly the same as the 9200; the fast forward and backward buttons move in increments of 2 hours and the skip forward and backward buttons move in increments of a day.
4.) Can I copy my recordings from my old 9200T over, ?
Yes.

1.) I also bought a brand new Panasonic 37inch. All fits together nicely. However, I noticed last night that although the tv has a screen frequency thingy of 100hz, (and Im using HDMI cable from hummy to tv), the tv info button said it was only receiving 50hz. Does this mean that freeview is only transmitting at a max rate of 50hz, or is it a setting somewhere I need to change?

Andy

The TV displays whatever source signal it's receiving. All UK broadcasting is 50Hz. What is does with this afterwards is down to the settings you make in the TV settings. Normally 100Hz sets make up extra frames by comparing two adjacent ones to double the frame rate from 25fps to 50fps. Some think this looks better, others don't. I would try viewing with 100Hz processing on and off and make up your own mind.

Back