A Quick Thank You (read only mode)

Hi,

Just thought I'd post a thank you to all who are involved in the writing/compiling/testing of the custom firmware.

I've had a HD FOX T2 for 18 months as a secondary PVR (primarily for HD Freeview watching) and when my trusty Toppy gave up the ghost I purchased a HDR FOX T2. Both have custom firmware installed.

Yesterday evening for reasons that I don't quite understand, webif on the HDR FOXT2 became corrupt. I tried flashing to 2,19 (I had been on 2.17), but that didn't work. I then realised that although the box claimed to be recording, nothing was actually being stored on the HD.

After a bit of digging and trying the "rm -rf /mod/*" command with no success, I realised everything on the HDR FOX T2's hard drive was read only.

So a further search of this forum (now understanding the problem a bit better) lead me to maintenance mode and fix-disk, which after and hour had sorted it all out.

So once again thank you to all involved in the custom firmware. You save me from a complete reformat and the thought of losing all the programmes I've yet to watch!

P.S. I have a ASUS O! Play attached to my home network and that can read the files directly from the Humax (HDR) with full FF/RW functions so I can watch HDR FOX T2 recorded programmes on the spare TV as well as watching recordings made on the HDR via the HD FOXT2. I'm assuming that this (O! Play functionality) is as a direct result of the custom firmware (didn't try before I flashed to CFW) so thanks for that as well. And for the recursive auto-decrypt!

I have a ASUS O! Play attached to my home network and that can read the files directly from the Humax (HDR) with full FF/RW functions so I can watch HDR FOX T2 recorded programmes on the spare TV as well as watching recordings made on the HDR via the HD FOXT2. I'm assuming that this (O! Play functionality) is as a direct result of the custom firmware (didn't try before I flashed to CFW) so thanks for that as well. And for the recursive auto-decrypt!
It depends. If the Asus is accessing the DLNA server, then the CF is not involved (unless it's a HiDef recording). If the Asus is using network sharing (you would need the samba or nfs package installed) then yes, you would only be able to do this once decrypted.

It depends. If the Asus is accessing the DLNA server, then the CF is not involved (unless it's a HiDef recording). If the Asus is using network sharing (you would need the samba or nfs package installed) then yes, you would only be able to do this once decrypted.

Thanks for the explanation.
I have samba installed, so can access both ways.

However, if I view files using the Humax's DLNA, FF/RW is limited to x2, whereas accessing via samba I can get x32.

Back