About to buy, one question first

sjb8080

After the sad demise of my much loved toppy, I'm seriously considering the HDR-2000T as the replacement.
I understand that the DNLA server won't stream HD content, but I want to check one thing about a USB connected HDD.
If I attach a USB HDD and copy a HD recording to it from the 2000T's main drive, can I play it back on the 2000T from there?

Yes .. well most of them!

When I tried a 2000T last year recordings I made on the fly (i.e. not using the timer feature) would not play from the exported device. I'd expect there is still sometimes an issue as there has been no software update for the 2000T yet.
My HDR-FOX T2 would not play my instant 2000T recordings via DLNA either.

If I attach a USB HDD and copy a HD recording to it from the 2000T's main drive, can I play it back on the 2000T from there?
Beware of file size limitations. Perhaps somebody can confirm whether NTFS support has been added to the HDR-2000T, but if not the situation is the same as for the HDR-FOX. See Things Every... (click) section 12.

Thanks Luke & Black Hole. So, if I set recordings in advance, choose the USB drive carefully and format it correctly, I should have no problems ;)
I plan to let the internal drive fill up, then attach a USB drive and offload some recordings to make space on the internal drive.
This makes the 500 GB internal drive a better option; I can put the £30 I'll save towards a USB drive when it's needed.

Back