Access from mobile

Yes, using the webif (web interface) or a DNLA client app.
You'll struggle to play any HD content due to the size of them and your phones processing power however.

Yes, using the webif (web interface) or a DNLA client app.
You'll struggle to play any HD content due to the size of them and your phones processing power however.
Okay thanks. I have the webif but where do i find the address to put in browser?

You need the IP address of your Humax in Menu >> Settings >> System >>Internet Settings >> Configure LAN to get the Web-If on your phone, then Brouse Media Files and Download or Play

You need the IP address of your Humax in Menu >> Settings >> System >>Internet Settings >> Configure LAN to get the Web-If on your phone, then Brouse Media Files and Download or Play
Thats great thanks. Do i need a video player on my phone to be able to play them as i see it says vlc player above the file.

As they say depends what phone but i have an HTC desire and downloaded MX player & Skifta from the app store ( both free).
Allows me to stream to my mobile, i cant say for sure but i think you need to leave the box on when accessing content off it, i always do.

That's great Skifta works well shame it won't play HD content though. Is there a way I can stream music from my android phone to the humax box? Thanks

If you can find a dlna server for your phone then yes, blackberry os 7.1 has this (and video & photo), pretty sure aceplayer for iphones does, must be something for Android

iMediaShare for Android lets you play music from your phone on the Humax, I would be surprised if Skifta doesn't also do this. A lot of Android phone have basic media sharing built in, such as the 'Connected Media' app on HTCs, I think there's a similar equivalent on Samsungs.

iMediaShare for Android lets you play music from your phone on the Humax, I would be surprised if Skifta doesn't also do this. A lot of Android phone have basic media sharing built in, such as the 'Connected Media' app on HTCs, I think there's a similar equivalent on Samsungs.
I cant find a built in one on the Galaxy. Do you need to buy the full version of imediashare?

Sent from my GT-I9100

I have a HTC Desire S (also tried on Samsung Tab), and customised software running on my HDR Fox T2. I can get the remote interface on my phone just like on my PC, but unlike my PC I can't playback recordings on my phone (controlling Humax like on PC is fine). I have VLC player on my phone and I just get an icon of it if I try and play anything. Can It be done, and how? Thanks.

As on your P.C., you needs to use a browser on your android device that allows the VLC plug-in to run, On my P.C. I run Firefox that has the VLC plug-in installed, e.g. Tools >>Add-Ons >> VLC Web Plugin 2.1.0.0, however I'm not sure the Android version of Firefox allows the VLC plug-in to be installed. Similarly I'm not sure if the Chrome Browser on Android allows the VLC plug-in either. It would be possible to use Web-If Download though, or use something like MediaHouse to play (stream) the file via say MX Player

As on your P.C., you needs to use a browser on your android device that allows the VLC plug-in to run, On my P.C. I run Firefox that has the VLC plug-in installed, e.g. Tools >>Add-Ons >> VLC Web Plugin 2.1.0.0, however I'm not sure the Android version of Firefox allows the VLC plug-in to be installed. Similarly I'm not sure if the Chrome Browser on Android allows the VLC plug-in either. It would be possible to use Web-If Download though, or use something like MediaHouse to play (stream) the file via say MX Player

Thanks, MX Player works with SD recordings, though auto decrypted HD recording buffer too much to play. This may be to do with the processing power of phone?? What do you think? As to the VLC plug in, I will try soon.

HD recording buffer too much to play. This may be to do with the processing power of phone?? What do you think?
Possibly, you could download an HD file to the phone to see if it handles it any better than when streaming, MediaHouse will perform a download (rather than a stream play) by using a 'long touch' rather than a 'short touch', but as you say HD files do require a faster CPU / GPU so getting your phone to play them smoothly may not be possible

I have tried to keep my finger on the file for longer but nothing happens. Is this what you mean by long touch?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Back