Accidental disk format

billski

Due to a fault on my TV last evening I accidentally re-formatted the hard drive of myHumax 160gb 9150T losing nealy 100 recorded programmes.
As if that wasn't bad enough the HDD info now shows - used 145 GB - free 5.8GB. With only 4 hours of newly recorded programmes,I don't see how this can be correct.
The page showing 'recorded programmes ' recording scedule' and' HDD control' all show the outline of a 'file' (which I know is normal ) but also show another 'file' outline behind it as tho it might contain the programmes I though lost. In view of the figures HDD control shows above , is this a possibility ?
Sorry for the unscientific description of the problem , it's the best I could do !!
Any help gratefully received.

Due to a fault on my TV last evening I accidentally re-formatted the hard drive of myHumax 160gb 9150T losing nealy 100 recorded programmes.
How exactly did you "accidentally reformat the hard drive" ie what buttons did you press?

The problem was that there was a long delay after using the remote when trying to record tv or play recorded programs. I can only think that the 'format disk' button was active but not showing on screen and I pressed the 'Yes' button on the remote without realising it. I now realise the second part of my message above - re 'files' is not relevant to the problem.
I've now recorded 5 hours of programmes and only 5.5 Gb free showing on Hdd control - at this rate I shall run out of free disk space by Thursday !

The problem was that there was a long delay after using the remote when trying to record tv or play recorded programs. I can only think that the 'format disk' button was active but not showing on screen and I pressed the 'Yes' button on the remote without realising it.
You would still need to put in the password so I think that is most unlikely. I think what has happened is a well know problem where the file system has become corrupted. As you originally suspected your recordings are still in place however the only way to recover them is to open the box, connect the disk drive to a PC and use a piece of software called humaxrw in recovery mode to download the recordings to the computer. Unfortunately it isn't currently possible to upload the recordings again to the 9150 or the 9300 (but would have been possible if you had a 9200). If you want to attempt this then I can give further instructions. Whatever you decide, you do need to format the drive to recover the lost space.

Many thanks for your reply Martin.
I think I'll take the easy way out,format the drive and accept that I've lost all of my previous recordings. Incidentally,this is the first problem I've had with the 9150t since I bought it over 3 years ago.

Back