I was just about to. Thank you. A bit Mickey Mouse, the 1100s.
Do you know if the Freeview boxes have the same problems? If not, it might be worth forking out for a new box and doing a bit of rewiring to the roof aerial.

We have a CF solution on the HDR-FOX (of course); I don't know about the FVP-5000T (the current model) - have a glance at the comments in the relevant section of the forum.

Many thanks. In the meantime I have switched to using ‘Favourites’ instead of deleting channels. Which is what I should have done in the first place.🙄

I have never seen the need to delete channels, when it is possible to keep the full 'TV' list in numerical order and then produce a 'My TV' favourites list with only your selection (and programme order), which can be added to and subtracted from as often as you wish

My early experience of favourites on the HDR-FOX was that it tended to ignore them at times. Since I only have me to satisfy, I found it more satisfactory to prune.

The 4000/5000T models have smart retune that retains recording schedules unless of course a channel you recordings set for is deleted.

Not certain about the 1100 but on our 1010 the favourites can't be set as default. When you call up the guide to always get all channels and then have to make a few button actions to get the favourites up instead.

If they the same as the HDR-Fox T2 then they require a favourite list to be selected AND a programme from that list to be 'switched to' I.e. made the current channel being viewed, before that favourite list is made the default for future selections, having carried out this procedure I have never seen the EPG revert back to the full TV list

If they the same as the HDR-Fox T2 then they require a favourite list to be selected AND a programme from that list to be 'switched to' I.e. made the current channel being viewed, before that favourite list is made the default for future selections, having carried out this procedure I have never seen the EPG revert back to the full TV list

Nothing like the FOX at all.
Barry on myhumax describes how to make the favourites stick on the FVP-4000T. The way Barry describes it is very similar to the method for the HDR-FOX T2.
https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/how-to-make-favourites-sticky-1

Is Barry's description for the FVP-4000T incorrect?

Is Barry's description for the FVP-4000T incorrect?
Like the FOX the 4000 is a Freeview box, so may be similar. This discussion is for the 1100 Freesat box which has a completely different interface.

Back