Adding to the Customised Portal for personal use

ntm1275

Synology, who make my NAS have just brought out a new feature called Video Station

This 'Video Station' allows all your stored Video to be watched via a browser - so the web address would be something like http://192.168.0.2:5000/video

I have tested it on my PC and it appears to work wonderfully

Is there a way to add this web address to the Customised Portal for my own personal use, or am I being over ambitious?

If anybody is interested in this feature for their Synology NAS, below are a few screenshots showing how it automatically indexes the saved video and creates thumbnails with descriptions
It will even stream 'live' tv if a compatible USB tuner is attached to the Synology

I have not had to add the thumbnails or descriptions, the Synology NAS is doing it automatically by itself

It appears to play any video file that you can throw at it - but I will update this thread with a comprehensive list when all the indexing has finished

Ignore the smiley face thumbnails in the 3rd picture - the NAS is still indexing the video files and folders

video_station.jpg

movie.jpg

tvshow.jpg

alphas.jpg

You can add the link no problem by adding it into the xtra1 JavaScript file.
The issue is navigation by remote control. It's not something that is created automatically or by the box, you need to code all that into the page so that it knows what to do with the remote control commands that you will be throwing at it.

Have a read of the xtra1 thread for more info and a pointer to where you can add the link in.

I managed to do it. looks complicated but I just needed to change one line pointing to the new url.

Problem was the remote control wouldn't control the page as per the above.

varkanoid

How did you get it to display the URL? What were your steps?

The remote control will be the next thing after the URL

if you look through the xml thread it tells you were the xml file is then edit it and you will see the http:// links which correspond to each option. Just find one that you will not use, say the teletext one and change the url to the new one. Save it then test it.

If you scroll further up or down that file, you will find a section that gives the labels for the colored button links too..

Back