after adding package or updating settings webif lost comms

Howard

As the title says, if I do anything via webif from my laptop, update or add a package, alter settings etc it looses communication with the box. It still works OK and responds to a ping?

Rebooting solves the problem until the next time I do something again.

Help!

It still works OK
This means what? HDR-FOX operates normally except for WebIF access? Yes, it probably would.

How long have you had CF installed and running? I presume it has been operating OK for a period of time prior this this scenario, or has this been happening ever since you started using it?

The info panel from the WebIF bottom right corner would be useful to show us.

Do you have auto-update installed? It had a problem recently so that package updates stalled until the user manually updates.

Can you use Telnet to access the menu reliably? If so, we can probably fix it best that way: https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Telnet

One stab in the dark: reboot your router.

It's a known problem with an old update but it should automatically fix itself if you're completely up-to-date.

If not, connect in via telnet and use the 'upgrade' option on the telnet menu. After that it should be fine.

Yes works OK but I have noticed that recursive decryption doesnt work. I only use it infrequently.

Its been running for years. This is a recent problem.

Yes, I have auto update installed.

I have putty installed and have used it in the past.

Rebooting the router makes no difference just rebooting box or waiting overnight.

Web interface version: 1.4.1-5
Custom firmware version: 3.03 (build 2368)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.03)
Loader Version: a7.33
System ID: 80bc.7e00
Serial Number: 63 7104853 00275
Last Boot Reason: Remote control handset

Right then - access the Telnet menu and select option "upgrade".

Decryption: check Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = ON

With CFW 3.03, you may not have that option. In that case choose to run a diagnostic (it's a menu option) and enter 'upgrade' without the quotes as the name of the diagnostic.

Ah, OK...
  1. Access the Telnet menu (enter system PIN at the prompt if requested, "0000" unless you've changed it);
  2. If the menu includes the option "upgrade", select it; or
  3. Select option "diag", and enter "upgrade".

Ah, OK...
  1. Access the Telnet menu (enter system PIN at the prompt if requested, "0000" unless you've changed it);
  2. If the menu includes the option "upgrade", select it; or
  3. Select option "diag", and enter "upgrade".
Thanks very much!

That seems to have done the trick.

Now upgrade your firmware to 3.12, or maybe wait (a few days?) for 3.13 to be released!

Back