AI Slop

So you bought it after the HD services had started in the full knowledge that it wouldn't receive DVB-T2. That would appear to be your problem, wouldn't it?
It wasn't clear to me, at the time, what HD ready meant. I mean it sounds like it's ready for viewing HD. No mention of no ability to decode DVB-T2 in the advertising or in the instruction manual - until you get to the specs hidden away in small print. So I reject the claim that I had full knowledge and it's my problem. In any case, my old TV was analogue only, so I was used to using an external box and an HDR-2000T covered the T2 reception, so I don't give a toss. Now whether other people have been caught out by the same dodgy description I don't know.
 
Caveat emptor. (Where is that on the scale BH?)
Lingua franca, so not very high.

Yes, "HD Ready" always meant it can display a HiDef image if you stuff one up it, but not that it can receive HiDef directly. At the time of course, T2 was synonymous with HiDef.
 
Yes, "HD Ready" always meant it can display a HiDef image if you stuff one up it, but not that it can receive HiDef directly.
I didn't know that at the time and it looks as though I didn't do a search to find the meaning. I was probably in a hurry to find a cheap (plus small and easy to carry from Argos) replacement when the old analogue crt bust.
That would appear to be your problem, wouldn't it?
Maybe you're correct.
 
Back
Top