All-in-one PCs

My wife loves her varifocals, most of the time. I tried them (varifocals for me, not hers) a couple of times but hated them.
However, she is long sighted while I am short sighted.

I'm short-sighted, and I got lucky wth my first ever pair. I was thinking "why don't some people like varifocals?". I found out a few years later when I needed to replace them (the coatings had crazed) - I hated the new ones, and when investigated it turned out the ones I had before had been superceded. Specsavers replaced both pairs (plain and photochromic) with the older version of lens for nothing, and I'm happy again.

If I hadn't experienced my first pair, I would never have known how good they can be if you get the lens characteristics right.

Not that much sense, I'm afraid, but less money...
My budget is only 10 pct of that so will keep looking.
Possibly a short sighted solution
I'm getting some new glasses next week (and, yes, they are varifocals). Perhaps the solution will become more clear then.
As an aside, I have road tested my neighbours 24 inch monitor and, even with varifocals, find it very good.
Will probably be looking at the HP range as and when my laptop finally gives up the ghost.
The one thing that gives me comfort is that no one has come back saying 'don't touch these with a barge pole'.
Again thanks for all the input...

My suggestions may be irrelevant, as I am long sighted. All the best with your search.

Back