Also thinking of getting the FVP-5000T

arthurb-0

Having used Hummies for many years (our 9300T was excellent in all ways until it just got old, the 2000T is much less good (esp. software) but does have HD), I am thinking of getting the 5000T, particularly for the extra tuner to make it easier to avoid so many conflicts.

I would like to ask people here if one of the most irritating 'features' of the 2000 is present on the 5000: does it still put up a 'watch in HD' message in the top left corner when you have just switched channels? Unfortunately it is also put up every time there is a change to the programme identifier, or whatever it is called, so that on News 24 for instance it changes frequently. If you happen to be using Ceefax, which we do quite a lot, you end up changing channels when you press 'OK' because you just wanted to look at an item. This highly annoying behaviour cannot be changed as far as we can see (can't be turned off or shortened, let alone disabled when Ceefax is being displayed), so is it still there?

Secondly, does the rewind of live radio work consistently, or even at all?

Third, does anyone know if it supports the replay of audio files in AAC (M4A) and/or FLAC format?

Hope someone can answer these.

I would like to ask people here if one of the most irritating 'features' of the 2000 is present on the 5000: does it still put up a 'watch in HD' message in the top left corner when you have just switched channels? Unfortunately it is also put up every time there is a change to the programme identifier, or whatever it is called, so that on News 24 for instance it changes frequently. If you happen to be using Ceefax, which we do quite a lot, you end up changing channels when you press 'OK' because you just wanted to look at an item. This highly annoying behaviour cannot be changed as far as we can see (can't be turned off or shortened, let alone disabled when Ceefax is being displayed), so is it still there?
Have a look at https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/watch-in-hd.8718/.

Back