1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternative to Foxy

Discussion in 'HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder' started by Philbert, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Philbert

Philbert New Member

I have a portable/lightweight alternative to Foxy with almost zero requirements if anyone is interested...?

2. Ezra Pound

Ezra Pound Well-Known Member

A few iMac users have asked about a 'Foxy' alternative they could use, is it portable to the Apple World?

3. Philbert

Philbert New Member

Its got a Win32 GUI, so unless there is a way for Macs to run that...?

4. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

Difficult to identify the "market" you are targeting. Anybody on CF no longer needs it, and anybody running Windows can use the existing package.

Where you could score is by building in an FTP client so that the app can browse the files resident on the HDR, and clear the protection flag in situ.

5. Philbert

Philbert New Member

Hm, apart from an optional backup feature and no requirement for a 400mb+ install of dotnet (or anything else for that matter), it just about does the same as Foxy but with a smaller footprint. Thought it was a bit of a late entry. Oh well, works for me, anyway!

6. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

Yes, maybe, and I have no desire to dis your efforts. The .Net framework is not a great issue, I'm sure most have it installed already for one reason or another.

I'm serious about the FTP access, if you can crack that it will be a genuine improvement.

7. sooty83

sooty83 Member

And if you can write it in Java, it will also work on the Mac and Linux.