alternative wi fi dongle

toymotor

anybody found a wi fi dongle that will work with a 2000T not Humax let me know what works I only want it for upgrades dont use it for catch up TV so I dont see the point in buying the specified Humax one just for software upgrades.
thanks

anybody found a wi fi dongle that will work with a 2000T not Humax let me know what works I only want it for upgrades dont use it for catch up TV so I dont see the point in buying the specified Humax one just for software upgrades.
thanks
Software updates (assuming any are actually broadcast) are delivered Over the Air (OTA) so you don't need an Internet connection for that purpose.

yes but I've had Many humax boxes and firmware fixes updates are done online but thanks
Even when done on-line, the custom for HD/HDR-FOX (and presumably 1800/2000T) is that the firmware update is released as a downloadable zip file, which you then unzip to a UPD and boot the Humax with it in the USB socket. We are not aware of any updates being released for 1800/2000T yet, so I suppose it is possible they will break the mould - but in any case the updates get distributed through OTA.

If you do want to procure a dongle just in case, see here: http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/hdr-fox-t2-wireless-dongle.127/page-16#post-70491

Last edited:
yes but I've had Many humax boxes and firmware fixes updates are done online but thanks
I would be interested to know which Humax boxes that you have had, which have had firmware updates online? I do not know of any that have been updated this way.

its in it works with the 2000T and its £9 delivered so I've wasted nothing plus I can watch catch up to and
just in case I need one to update in the future as my telly updates via wi fi so does my blu ray and my amp so everything linked up Im a happy chappy.
so jobs a good un thanks to Black Hole for the link

Back