Android Devices

brianmt

Some time ago I posted to say using Skifta and Vplayer you could view files on your Android device.
What I've just found out is it works the other way ie Anroid phone to Hummy.
Open Skifta select Android device as source and select unlisted player as the player.
On the hummy select network and lo and behold you see your phone/tablet navigate to the file you want and play. Just watched some hidef video I shot on my phone, amazing !!
Love Hummy, Love DLNA

Now I'm jealous! I saw this and thought great idea! Get a server thingy for the iphone and I can show the camera roll pics and vids on the telly! So I found imediashare which appeared to do what I wanted and got it all working to the point where hitting Media and changing the storage option on the Hummy did list the iphone and I could browse into the video folder and even see videos listed but I either got format unsupported or if they did play they were almost stationary. Has anyone else tried this on a fruit based device?

Ah slight fly in the ointment, looks like it doesn't like the audio. Video plays fine but audio format not recognized. Ah well.......:(

Ah slight fly in the ointment, looks like it doesn't like the audio. Video plays fine but audio format not recognized. Ah well.......:(

Shame! I have found another app so will try that when I get home. What bugs me (pun intended!) is that they claim DLNA which I thought is supposed to level all this stuff off so the Hummy should be able to do this as it claims to be DLNA compliant - or is that only when it's serving not playing? :confused: The search continues...

imediashare works for me!
You have to play the media first on the iphone, and set it to play out to 'other device'.
Then through the Hummy navigate to the imediashare server and the "now playing" folder to select the appropriate file.

Not tested it personally with Camera roll & phone vids, but it should work the same.

I was going to look at the possibility of being able to watch files from the Hummy on the iPhone via the iphone webif, some how opening the file in another app. Not had a chance to look at feasibility as yet but thoughts welcome!

imediashare works for me!
You have to play the media first on the iphone, and set it to play out to 'other device'.
Then through the Hummy navigate to the imediashare server and the "now playing" folder to select the appropriate file.

Not tested it personally with Camera roll & phone vids, but it should work the same.

Yep the streaming stuff came through OK for me too - I didn't even need Now Playing - once I'd hit the 'Storage' button on the Hummy and selected the iphone I could browse down the list of online services straight on the Hummy menu. But it was the Camera Roll stuff I wanted (the funny thing is I don't need to do it - but now I've started I WANT to do it :)).

Anyway I've now found MLPlayer Lite which specifically states it can play out the camera roll stuff so that's what I will check over the weekend and report back.

I was going to look at the possibility of being able to watch files from the Hummy on the iPhone via the iphone webif, some how opening the file in another app. Not had a chance to look at feasibility as yet but thoughts welcome!

I have already tried media:connect by persona software which is a pretty good media finder and it links to FlexPlayer by the same company. I have played files straight off the Hummy (although not HD but I haven't got my head around whether content sharing being on means the HD stuff decrypts - I need to re-read Black Hole's guides and all the other threads on that first). Anyway SD stuff plays fine using those - they are both free but media:connect is limited to only seeing the first 3 items in each directory/folder. Not sure what Flexplayers limitations are - maybe you can bypass the media:connect thing with what you're proposing to do with the iwebif and call Flexplayer with whatever files you like?? But I've got no idea how all that works - it's like cars; I love using 'em but don't ask me to go under the bonnet!

Imediashare, good find , camera videos ok , audio format not supported. this suggests the Hummy has not got the required audio codec shame. On the plus side works a treat on my laptop running windows 7. No I didn't want to watch camera videos BUT I DO NOW!
Actually was trying to get Live online footy to work from my laptop to the TV via the Hummy that started me down this path

Imediashare, good find , camera videos ok , audio format not supported. this suggests the Hummy has not got the required audio codec shame. On the plus side works a treat on my laptop running windows 7

How did you get the video's working? Mine all had some sort of conversion time listed when I looked on the Humax menu and then it said format not supported. I will have to try the Now Playing method again to double check if it was something I was missing.

As for the Audio codec I recall reading somewhere that this might be to do with the free version vs the paid version - I think you might get AAC support with the paid version but that needs confirming before parting with any money.

All I did was to navigate storage > network > Mediashare >videos>phone videos> all videos select video you require wait to connect up pops audio not supported click ok bit more processing video plays. Have to look into the paid version >

Tha
All I did was to navigate storage > network > Mediashare >videos>phone videos> all videos select video you require wait to connect up pops audio not supported click ok bit more processing video plays. Have to look into the paid version >

Thanks brianmt - I think I was just cancelling when I saw something not supported. Must remember to never take no for an answer!

Buzz player works for me. iPhone and iPad.

Back