Android remote control

Yes I did, it's on the app's page on the google playstore:

This is a remote-control app for the Humax HDR Fox-T2 digital video
recorder and for no other device. It must:
(1) have the Customized firmware
(2) the "ir" package.
(3) and be connected to the same home network as the phone/tablet.
4. make sure the remote code in webif ir settings matches your device.

Tried this out yesterday and it works fine on one of the boxes, but doesn't work on the other which is the revised hardware.
CF versions are the same, some differences in installed packages but nothing likely to be relevant. IR setting checked.

Any thoughts?

Correct IP address for Humax? Can you access webif with browser on android? Does browser remote work?

Yes, yes, and never tried it.

I'm in another place with a third humax. Couldn't get it to work on that, initially, but succeeded after forcing shutdown of the app (Moto G3, not sure if all Androids are the same).

Very useful, thanks very much indeed. worked perfectly for me first time.

pleased to see that you can enter a hostname instead of the IP.

as I said in the thread for the FoxSat HDR version: would be nice to optionally have a single-screen version, for those with devices where it is feasible.

thanks again :)

Works great for me. It may be worth noting had to do a reset after installing the IR package to make it work .

I am unable to login to the app using the LAN internal IP 192.168.2.xx with the username and password set in Webif 1.4.4-1.

Format used: http://192.168.2.xx/plugin/ir/m/

I have also noticed whilst checking settings that the Webif User Access Control format is different in both of my boxes although both have Webif 1.4.4-1.

I am unable to login to the app using the LAN internal IP 192.168.2.xx with the username and password set in Webif 1.4.4-1.
What error message did the app give you ? Or did it just hang ?

Format used: http 192.168.2.xx/plugin/ir/m/
This is the URL you use from a browser - does it work correctly on your box ?

I have also noticed whilst checking settings that the Webif User Access Control format is different in both of my boxes although both have Webif 1.4.4-1.

What error message did the app give you ? Or did it just hang ?

This is the URL you use from a browser - does it work correctly on your box ?

No error message, just returns to the IP/username/password input page.

Yes it does work correctly on the box. The mobile is a Samsung Galaxy S8 with Android 8.0.0

The Access Control differences were fixed with a Webif reinstall.

EDIT: Works on both boxes. I appreciate the IP address I used is for a web browser so I assumed that the app was mimicking a browser,

Last edited:
Screenshot_20181120-202406_HumaxFoxT2.jpg

Same result as with the http addresss

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181120-202927_HumaxFoxT2.jpg
    Screenshot_20181120-202927_HumaxFoxT2.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Works from a browser on the mobile using my credentials but not using root and 0000 password.

Last edited:
What should happen is that the first time you use the App, you go are sent to the login page, you enter the IP etc. details and tap "OK".
This sends you to the screen with the buttons. You should only be sent back to the login page if you tap the "LOGIN" button at the top.
Even if the details are wrong.

If you checked the "remember details" box you will not be asked for the IP address etc. again, and will go straight to the button screen.

You should use the credentials that work with the browser. As you speculated, the App does indeed try to simulate a browser.

What should happen is that the first time you use the App, you go are sent to the login page, you enter the IP etc. details and tap "OK".
This sends you to the screen with the buttons. You should only be sent back to the login page if you tap the "LOGIN" button at the top.
Even if the details are wrong.

If you checked the "remember details" box you will not be asked for the IP address etc. again, and will go straight to the button screen.

You should use the credentials that work with the browser. As you speculated, the App does indeed try to simulate a browser.

I didn't select the remember details at any time and yes, when pressed 'ok' I was passed to the buttons page with the LOG IN option, so, I assumed I had to log in or that option would not be available having been replaced by a logout option. :confused:

I must be the only one in the world who would do that!

Your app appears to work fine now I can actually use it lol. Thank you

EDIT: Quick question, how do I cope with two boxes? I presume don't save the login details but as I have I need to uninstall and reinstall?

Last edited:
When you press OK, then you are logged in. The only reasons to go back to the Login screen are if you mis-entered the details, or if you have more than one device and want to switch. There is no Logout option.

Back