Android remote control

EDIT: Quick question, how do I cope with two boxes? I presume don't save the login details but as I have I need to uninstall and reinstall?

No, there is no need to reinstall, you just go to the login page and change the details there. Suggest you use the same username/password on both boxes
so you only need to change the IP. (leaving the password field blank leaves it unchanged)

Meanwhile, you don't really need an app if you bookmark "<IP address>/plugin/ir/remote.jim" in your browser and/or add it to your home screen. IIRC there is a mobile view option too.

I have the two bookmarks on my home screen which gives a 'remote' that s too long for the screen. Having to scroll is no problem of course, but I find that the Favs and Macros buttons below the remote just bring up a blank page.

Try the non-mobile view then. The standard view has two halves of the handset image side-by-side, with the shortcuts and macros to the right of those.

Meanwhile, you don't really need an app if you bookmark "<IP address>/plugin/ir/remote.jim" in your browser and/or add it to your home screen. IIRC there is a mobile view option too.

The result of that is:

Screenshot_20181121-153630_Chrome.jpg
with,
192.168.2.23/plugin/ir/remote.jim

In a mobile browser.

or:

Screenshot_20181121-154237_Chrome.jpg
and by scrolling:
Screenshot_20181121-154251_Chrome.jpg
with,
192.168.2.23/plugin/ir/m/

In a mobile browser.

EDIT: A 'mobile remote' icon has appeared on the webif page following a reboot. I had not seen that previously.

Last edited:
There is another new version of this:

(1) Now supports both Fox-T2 and Foxsat with the same app
(2) In single page mode you can swipe between devices rather than going back to the login screen
(3) Landscape mode

My WebIf doesn't have a username/password, but the app insists on a username. Setting an arbitrary username just results in a "HTTP error" popup.

Ok, I've removed the check for a username and uploaded a new version that should be available shortly.

If it worked like that before it should do again.

It will now allow no username, but I still get the same error popup.

Also, I like the swipe to switch between devices and that it only goes to devices where an IP has been set. However once an IP has been set, it cannot be cleared to remove it from the swipe sequence.

Entry removal works ok.

Still stuck with the HTTP error popup. Strange, because I had used the original version successfully.

@Trev ... have you given it a try with the latest update?
I have noticed that Google Play doesn't always show the Update button on first visit; visit again and it appears.

If you're able to remove a device then you've got the latest version.

Which "Error Popup" are you seeing ?
There are three:
(1) Unable to contact Humax probably etc.
(2) URL not found: either IP address is wrong etc.
(3) Unauthorized: Username or password is wrong

Back