Another 9150 freezing

Mikesv

For about the last 6 months I've had a problem with my humax freezing every Wednesday, I can't do anything with it unless I unplug and let it reboot. If I don't do this, the box starts working again on the next day, thursday. I've tried manually updating the software, turning off the auto update, restoring factory settings but the problem persists. Has anyone else got the same problem? This has to be software related because it does it at exactly the same time every week. Very frustrating.

For about the last 6 months I've had a problem with my humax freezing every Wednesday, I can't do anything with it unless I unplug and let it reboot. If I don't do this, the box starts working again on the next day, thursday. I've tried manually updating the software, turning off the auto update, restoring factory settings but the problem persists. Has anyone else got the same problem? This has to be software related because it does it at exactly the same time every week.
For the sake of clarity what software version is the box using? Does it freeze at a particular time on a Wednesday? If so what is it doing at that time? Have you talked to Humax support about this on the phone?

Sorry for the day getting back with the details, the box is not mine and is at my father in laws,
The software details are as follows:
Hardware version: rev 1.0
Software version: HPTTF 1.00.18
Loader: a4.38
System ID: 3024.0000
Update date: jan 13 2010

I can see from these details it would appear that it has not been updated since jan 2010 even though auto update is enabled. I have tried forcing an update on numerous occasions but I just get the message "new software not found"
I have also tried disabling the auto update to see if this had any effect, but no difference.
As for contacting Humax, no I have not given them a call yet. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and knew of a quick fix.

There is an OTA repeat broadcast of HPTTF 1.00.26 from 10am on Mon 09-04-2012 to 9am on Wed 11-04-2012.

The software details are as follows:
Hardware version: rev 1.0
Software version: HPTTF 1.00.18
Loader: a4.38
System ID: 3024.0000
Update date: jan 13 2010

I can see from these details it would appear that it has not been updated since jan 2010 even though auto update is enabled.
Ok so you have a software version that will produce similar symptoms to those that you describe although why only on a Wednesday I have no idea.
I have tried forcing an update on numerous occasions but I just get the message "new software not found"
Are you aware that software updates are not broadcast continually? For a manual update to work you have to attempt it whilst a broadcast of the relavent software is taking place. You can check the update schedule at http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/download_schedule.php. For an automatic update to occur the box must be in standby overnight.

Thanks for the info regarding the updates, I'll try a manual update on Monday and post the result after Wednesday, hopefully it clears the problem.

Update manually downloaded successfully today, Monday. Thanks for your suggestions, hopefully the mystery Wednesday freeze ups are now fixed.
Thanks again

Update manually downloaded successfully today, Monday. Thanks for your suggestions, hopefully the mystery Wednesday freeze ups are now fixed.
Thanks again
Did you follow this up with a Default Settings from the Installation menu afterwards? This should be done whenever the software is updated to a different version.

Hi again, sorry for the delay getting back, as I said the box was at my father-in-laws, I can confirm now that it is working correctly again, amazing what an update does, He's very happy.
Thanks for all the input from everyone, this has led me to the fix for the problem
Thanks again.

Hi,
Just found this thread and I have exactly the same problem, and exactly the same software/update details as stated above. Tried all the fixes that I've read everywhere, but still can't update the software. There doesn't appear to be any further updates scheduled in the pipeline.
Any advice what to do?

We aren't psychic; what fixes have you tried?
Thank you for your reply, apologies if I did not state the extent of my attempts to update my machine. However, your sarcasm and rudeness was uncalled for, there are much politer ways to ask a question.

Back