Another couple of questions about the Humax FVP-5000T

meadfoot

Hi, I've had my 5000T for a few weeks now but can't find the answers to a couple of questions.

1. What is the "TO BE DELETED" option for when you look at the RECORDINGS? It never seems to be available.
2. Is there a way of stopping a repeat "to be recorded" programme ie Its already recorded something and is/will record a repeat a couple of days later. Sometimes it will show its going to record the same episode twice a few days apart.

Rog

The "to be deleted" menu had no use, unlike the "recent" menu which was brilliant. Shame they chose to delete the wrong one in the last update.

I don't think the box had any control of which programs are series linked, and quite a lot of movies on channel 5 get rec'd several times as a series. You can delete individual planned recordings from the menu

There is an option to have oldest recordings delete when the HDD gets full. The to be deleted area will then become active and will show which recordings will get deleted and I think it gives a timescale too.

2. Is there a way of stopping a repeat "to be recorded" programme ie Its already recorded something and is/will record a repeat a couple of days later. Sometimes it will show its going to record the same episode twice a few days apart.
When reporting this sort of problem it is helpful to quote an example or two of programmes that are giving problems (quote channel name, programme name, date and time). The usual explanation is that it is the data from the broadcaster is responsible; sometimes because of a mistake by the broadcaster and sometimes because the broadcaster and Humax interpret the standards differently.

Back