Another decryption problem

TooDeep

How do I reliably use the WebIF to decrypt recordings prior to off-loading them? Sometimes decrypting works, whether by selecting individual programmes or else putting them in a folder marked for decryption, but often the decryption proceeds until the end and them fails, e.g.

Processing Downton Abbey_20131227_1647
Moving recording to /media/My Video/_original
Downton Abbey_20131227_1647.hmt
Runtime Error: execute.jim:49: mv: can't rename '/media/My Video/Downton Abbey_20131227_1647.hmt': No such file or directory
in procedure 'file' called at file "execute.jim", line 49

What am I doing wrong?

A few decryption rules :-
1) Hi-Def files must not have the ENC icon against them (install auto-unprotect)
2) Files to be decrypted must have the DLNA DLNA-small.jpg symbol against them (turn on content sharing)
3) The Humax needs free disk space to decrypt (make sure the HDD isn't full)
4) use the OPT+ decrypt option or place the file in a folder marked for auto decrypt
5) Successfully decrypted files will have the DEC icon against them

There is a help file on the WiKi that covers the above points HERE

Thank you Ezra. Steps 1-4 are done and I have managed to extract HD recordings. The problem is reliably achieving 5 without errors. For instance, the example in the first post (for my wife's viewing pleasure you understand) results in an additional Downton Abbey_20131227_1647.ts.decrypting file the same 4.04 GiB as the original TS. So why the jim problem, I guess? Is decrypting only to be done when there is no other T2 activity? If I create a folder for batch decryption does it matter whether the folder is created with the WebIF or directly at the T2? Should I ensure that batch folders are not flattened?

Cheers

Ships. My HiDef recording of the darts final has terminated early, at only 4.01GiB despite the time line saying it was complete. Definitely time I updated to WebIF auto-decrypt rather than the unencrypt package!

'Nothing pertinent (many blocked flattens) in my auto log, alas. However, is it possible that in situ auto-decrypt use is relatively uncommon (& buggy) as most folk prefer to decrypt on copying instead?

'Nothing pertinent in my auto log, alas. However, is it possible that in situ auto-decrypt use is relatively uncommon (& buggy) as most folk prefer to decrypt on copying instead?
No - a lot of people set recursive auto-decrypt on their entire media library. Once it's done the initial pass through it keeps up quite nicely (and the next version will be even further optimised).

You can increase the automatic processing level through the web interface settings page if you haven't already. That should give more detail in that log file.

Thanks guys. My auto-processing log has duly been set to debugging level, but as it happens Downton Abbey has just successfully been decrypted in my batch decryption folder... (That & undelete combine for some fun recursion.)

Poor choice of words perhaps: Decryption (my batch decryption folder) is both at / media /My Video /[Deleted Items] /webif_autodecrypt /Decryption and / media /My Video /Decryption... (The purpose of a folder set for decryption being to enable file selection for decryption directly at the T2 with the remote by moving them to this folder.)

The version in the recycle bin will not be processed - that's where the encrypted file gets deleted to, and folders beginning with "[" are ignored when auto-processes search for candidates.

I've been using auto-decrypt now for some months to decrypt all files and find it reliable.

Just got to be careful not to do anything with a recording immediatly after it has recorded (and is decrypting) but other than that it just works in the background and I don't need to worry about any programme bein encrypted.

Initially it takes a bot of time to unencrypted but after that fine.

'Appreciate all comments. As fate would have it I've suffered no decryption problems since starting this thread! On a related note, is shrink safe to use for batch processing too and what space saving can be expected in practice with HD recordings?

Cheers

It does reduce the file sizes a significant amount (try it on one file to see) but my advice is to save it for files you intend to archive long term, and check the result before getting rid of the original. There is a small percentage risk with any of the processes, and not worth it for files that will be watched and deleted.

If you acquire a habit of keeping lots of stuff long term, you will run out of space sooner or later however much space you have or how small the files are. Better to develop a good attitude to housekeeping.

Back