ANTENNA SHORT CIRCUIT

Italianstallion

Hello all,
i've had my hdr fox box for two months and a new message came up. "antenna has a short circuit".
could not get rid of message even after i disconnected all aerial leads, played with settings.
only way to get rid of message was to switch off box at mains and restart but have lost all my recording schedules which has ***** me off.
has anyone had this problem ?

You have posted in the Foxsat (satellite) section of the forum. Do you actually have a Fox (Freeview Terrestrial) box?

only way to get rid of message was to switch off box at mains and restart but have lost all my recording schedules which has ***** me off.

You should not have lost your schedule doing a cold restart - did you also perform a factory reset and have to retune? Retuning is known to kill the schedule, which is a fairly common event with the current state of DSO.

The Custom Software would have backed up your schedule so you could restore it after a retune event (or other loss).

hello all again,
yes my ariel is switched on as indeed the feed comes from one of those distribution blocks that is powered from the mains.
But even after i switched that unit off and did a direct link to the outside aerial the message was still there.

to the second question no i didnt do a factory reset but i seem to remember doing a retune so that probably explains my lost schedule..........thank you for that.

at present no message regarding aerial has resurfaced since the cold restart as you put it

hello all again,
yes my ariel is switched on as indeed the feed comes from one of those distribution blocks that is powered from the mains.
But even after i switched that unit off and did a direct link to the outside aerial the message was still there.

to the second question no i didnt do a factory reset but i seem to remember doing a retune so that probably explains my lost schedule..........thank you for that.

at present no message regarding aerial has resurfaced since the cold restart as you put it

You don't need antenna power on, thats designed to power an amplifier without it's own power.

The prescence of the amplifier itself may be creating the problem, turn the antenna power off., or as explained elsewhere and you may have a faulty coax connection. Not sure why you turned on the option in the first place.

On your HDR-FOX:

Menu >> Settings >> Installation >> 5V Antenna Power >> Off​

The HD/HDR-FOX is able to supply power to a masthead TV aerial amplifier up the same co-ax cable the signal comes down - known as "phantom powering". The last thing you want is to have that turned on if you are not using it. Your distribution amplifier has its own power supply and does not require (or expect) phantom powering.

Back