• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.0!

This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and report any issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

Any chance ITV Player will come to Humax freeview boxes?

I just read that the Humax freesat boxes get ITV Player and was wondering if anyone knows if there is a chance that the T2 freeview box will get ITV or other on demand players in future software updates? I was hoping that the interface for ITV Player might be easier to bring to the box if it is already on the Humax freesat boxes?

ChrisDaniels

Depends on how they have coded it.
I understand Humax are helping ITV with development & testing, so thats why they get it first, but there are different ways they can program it.

If its done as a Web Portal App (hbbTV), then yes, if its done through Red Button, then it might come eventually (dont hold your breath though), if its done in a different way, then god knows.