Any issues with 2 HDR T2 on the same network?

satbunny

As it says, are there any issues with 2 HDR T2 on the same network?
I have a customised T2 running DLNA successfully, and now want to install another doing the same.

There should not be any problems, several forum members are using two or more HDR-FOX T2's on their network.

As it says, are there any issues with 2 HDR T2 on the same network?
I have a customised T2 running DLNA successfully, and now want to install another doing the same.
No problems, but you should set unique host names on the Settings page to ease identification on the WebIf. You should also install the dlna-servername package to do the same for DLNA, otherwise you will have two servers called "Humax" which is usually annoying.

Quite so. As standard, the DLNA servers will both be identified as "HDR-FOX T2" - so you don't find out which is which except by going in and finding out what is actually there. The dlns-servername package was knocked up specifically to resolve this inconvenience.

Other than that, no problems at all. I have three HDR-FOXes and three HD-FOXes on my network.

I have two HDR Fox T2s on my network, and temporarily while I was setting up my Aunt's box there were three. The advice given already on this thread is correct, give them different host names and dlna server names.

Back