Anybody want my broken T2

goatboy

Please delete if this isn't allowed, but does anybody have a use for a broken T2? pretty sure just the HDD has gone but ended up replacing with a DTR-T2000.
Its been sitting in my garage in its original box for a few months (don't worry its a nice dry and warm garage) but i just can't be bothered to put it on ebay as spares and repairs and its pretty perfect condition so its too good to throw away.

If anyone wants it they can have it as long as they pick it up from Hemel Hempstead.

Apologies if I am breaking forum rules, I hope not. I used to be a member of Hummy.org but not sure what happened to my account.... (ah I realise now that .org is no more and this isn't it in a different guise....)

Last edited:
I'm sure somebody will take you up on that!
I'm a bit far away but I have a friend in Luton that might be persuaded...
Let's see what other responses you get.

This isn't Hummy.org though...

A Just point! I realise the error of my ways now after a little more research, I assumed .org had turned into .tv as it appears to have a very similar style and content. Quick google reveals I was mistaken. My apologies....

IIRC hummy.org.uk was the forerunner of this forum, but that was when it was in its infancy. We are very definitely not of similar content to myhumax.org (where, I understand, they have a draconian attitude).

Regardless, I'm sure somebody here will be delighted to take your unit off your hands, if only for a spare front panel or PSU. More likely if you were prepared to post it (for a financial consideration) though.

It would also help if you were prepared to do some fault finding: Steps for Resolving HDR-FOX Crash/Reboot Issues (click), Quick Guide to Disk Recovery (click)

I assumed .org had turned into .tv as it appears to have a very similar style and content.
That was intentional.
When .org closed down it wasn't initially certain if it would be for ever. Hummy.tv was set up with the same forum structure in the hope that if .org was resurrected than the two could somehow be merged with no loss to contributions.
At the same time myhumax.org by a different group of hummy.org members with the intention of making something more flexible and enable a useful long term repository for all things hummy as well as a forum. In my opinion this never really took off and subsequently to hummy.tv was added its wiki, albeit for the HDR-FOX-T2 and HD-FOX T2.

edit: Now seen BH's post but will leave this one as is.

Thanks for the info everyone!
I haven't checked it for a while but I think the unit booted up but no HDD functions at all, but I will double check. It does have custom firmware on it and I did try disc recovery etc but it didn't get me anywhere. In the end I just gave up and bought a new unit as I was in a rush. Still miss the interface although the DTR-T2000 has the nice youview stuff the everyday interface feels much less usable to me....

Thanks for the info everyone!
I haven't checked it for a while but I think the unit booted up but no HDD functions at all, but I will double check. It does have custom firmware on it and I did try disc recovery etc but it didn't get me anywhere. In the end I just gave up and bought a new unit as I was in a rush. Still miss the interface although the DTR-T2000 has the nice youview stuff the everyday interface feels much less usable to me....
Is it still available? I'm visiting St Albans in the near future.
Cheers

Back