Anyone cast to their FVP4000?

Member 7823

We use to cast from the you tube app on my tablet to my 4000 all the time but it's suddenly stopped working?

I can't figure whether it's the yt app that's changed or the 4000

Anyone else cast to the 4000?

Sent from my GEM-702L using Tapatalk

Casting from YouTube does not work for me.

Testing on a brand new FVP-4000T (I know I should have listened to you guys) and the latest firmware, casting from 5 devices:

Kindle Fire 2015 tablet running nexus firmware - nope - not surprised as the apps are well out of date...
Huawei phone - nope - not too surprised as they only support casting to other Huawei devices...
Samsung Galaxy S5 - nope - I would have expected this to work as it's fully up to date...
Windows 10 laptop with Chrome - nope - looking like the Humax is broke...
Chromebook - you can't get more Google than that - nope..!

In all cases, the Humax goes to a blank screen followed by the YouTube logo - then the normal YouTube homepage for my account, but the selected content does not play.

The Humax remote and live TV can all find the device and work properly so I'm happy with the network, but the Humax Cast app cannot find the device.

All devices can Cast to my Roku.

I wonder if it's worth trying the older firmware...

Last edited:
My casting works great now. I cast mainly from my Huawei Mate 7 phone also from my Huawei tablet and my Chromebook lappy. For some reason it won't cast from my wife's login on the same chromebook??? I'm wondering whether the 4000 gets attached to a limited number of devices?

One would do me :)
I did sign in to the youtube app on the fvt-4000t with the account used on all the devices inc chromebook - so maybe that's a bad thing.

My casting works great now. I cast mainly from my Huawei Mate 7 phone also from my Huawei tablet and my Chromebook lappy. For some reason it won't cast from my wife's login on the same chromebook??? I'm wondering whether the 4000 gets attached to a limited number of devices?

Ok - go figure...

Sign in to my Google account in the YouTube app and casting fails from all my devices
Sign out and I can cast from everything - except my Chromebook

Way to go Humax <sigh>

Back