Anyone else noticed the playing time of an MP4...

everthewatcher

Forum Supporter
...has one hour added to it as displayed on screen when you press the 'i' button? All other displays of the playing time are correct.

Last edited:
Anyone else noticed the playing time of an MP4...
...has one hour added to it as displayed on screen when you press the 'i' button? All other displays of the playing time are correct.
Yes. But as an hour is also added to the start "time" of 00:00 the actual playing time of end minus start is correct.

That's weird. I've not looked yet, but I wonder if it does the same thing in the winter?

That's weird. I've not looked yet, but I wonder if it does the same thing in the winter?
For clarification it's the progress bar displayed on pressing 'i' while playing an MP4 file. A 23 minute will have '01.00' at the start and '01:23' at the end.

My box with MP4s now thinks it is Saturday 2nd January 1971 and the 1 hour offset continues to be displayed with MP4s.

It's not a problem, just an error in Humax's software.

Edit #2: Looks like the post from Sylvia888 to which I was replying has been deleted.

Last edited:
I'd forgotten about this and just noticed that doesn't. No idea how DST comes to be part of any runtime calculation.

Later: Only thing I can think of is the bit of humaxtv which deals with the screen display assumes anything in the format nn:nn is time of day and adds an hour to it during DST.

Last edited:
Back