Anyone enjoying watching the one planet thingy currently on the 4k iplayer ?

You need a 4k TV that has been approved to run BBC Iplayer in UHD mode (not all of them have), however, I have one of those, so I'm all set to go yes?, well it turns out you need something else I don't have, a 10 Mbs broadband connection, my 4-5 Mbps causes the BBC Iplayer UHD mode to throttle back to something that looks more like 720, so if anyone knows of a download link for the 4k files I would be very interested

My Samsung TV doesn't like the BBC's flavour of UHD either (Other broadcasters are OK. It's the BBC that are the odd one out) but my LG does. Amazon's Firestick 4k are OK too.

My LG OLED loves it and the images are quite wonderful. I do however have 50mbs so I do get the full bandwidth. I understand that the BBC server negotiates a bandwidth with your IP address and supplies that. They do recommend 40mbs for best picture. I enjoy "how we did it" at the end almost as much as the programme.

I suspect that the 'How we did it' is to pad out a 45 min programme, made for commercial broadcasters, to an hour for the likes of the BBC

You need a 4k TV that has been approved to run BBC Iplayer in UHD mode (not all of them have), however, I have one of those, so I'm all set to go yes?, well it turns out you need something else I don't have, a 10 Mbs broadband connection, my 4-5 Mbps causes the BBC Iplayer UHD mode to throttle back to something that looks more like 720, so if anyone knows of a download link for the 4k files I would be very interested
I do if you're still interested but do you know how to avoid malware?

Yes, are we talking bit torrent?
yes. but make sure you don't get your machine infected.

this worked for me and it's better than iplayer, it has 5.1 surround. straight into transmission

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:64f49d655f1589e7011742bbf662e476c9f05a25&dn=Seven Worlds One Planet S01 D1 UHD 4K HDR 2160p&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Feddie4.nl%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.pirateparty.gr%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopentrackr.org%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.zer0day.to%3A1337

check out the size

Thanks,I'll have a look, I probably wouldn't use the Humax
tried streaming from the t2 but it won't work. can't stream from nas at all. think I need to plug a big HD straight into the tv.

hope you don't have limited download isp

right, I've cracked it. put the file on big HD and connected to telly's usb no more stuttering due to my crap laptop 100mbs lan and BINGO

full UHD with HDR and 5.1 surround.

i'll go ask the wife to keep me a warm place.

Back