Anyone for Twitter?

If I want the BBC I will go to the BBC web site
If I want to talk to a business organisation I will go to THEIR web site
If I want someone to collect vast quantities of personal data about
me so they can sell it to advertisers I will write an autobiography.

The "follow me - I'm a moron" web site is a 2 year wonder that will vanish like
all the rest - hopefully sooner rather than later.

What amazes me is how much business is being lost because companies
are too stupid to attract people to their own web sites and give away free
advertising to these vacuous american drivel emporiums.

so - no thanks.

Wow @Jack616.. Thats hardly a nice welcome to a newbie who has made a new addition for the portal and shared it with you for free.
If you don't like it then fair enough, nobody is forcing you to use it or anything else for that matter. But to rant like that when you clearly do not know what you are talking about, is out of order.

For the rest of us that can actually see a use for these things, and know how to set privacy settings, then twitter & facebook are the norm these days.

Wow @Jack616.. Thats hardly a nice welcome to a newbie who has made a new addition for the portal and shared it with you for free.
If you don't like it then fair enough, nobody is forcing you to use it or anything else for that matter. But to rant like that when you clearly do not know what you are talking about, is out of order.

For the rest of us that can actually see a use for these things, and know how to set privacy settings, then twitter & facebook are the norm these days.

+1

A simple 'not for me thanks' would have sufficed. Without people around here donating their time and skills developing new features and sharing them we'd still be stuck with standard firmware. This is just the way to discourage them.

Wow @Jack616.. Thats hardly a nice welcome to a newbie . . .

Agreed, I have no interest at all in twitter, (or Facebook come to that) But to a attack someones work in this way, because you personalty have no interest in it, is out of order. As pointed out above, no-one has to use any of the packages on offer if they don't want to, but no-one gets to use them if the producers are discouraged from presenting them in the first place

Nobody attacked him or his work.
and "no thanks" was my polite response to him.
The rest was explanation of why.

Attacking me because you can't understand english is not very polite.

Back