Archiving

Yes, but I meant things which aren't other program service related PIDs e.g the NIT.
Sorry. I did know what you meant! It was a sort of rhetorical comment after your reply to Black Hole at #29. My assumption was, from BH's comment, that "broadcast stream unaltered" could be interpreted (by an idiot like me at least) as meaning the multiplex! I'm sure no-one here (including me) would make that mistake.

That would be nice; with sufficient recording bandwidth the entire mux could be recorded continuously, and then you would only need six of them to record EVERYTHING. I'm sure there are some installations which do that.

That would be nice; with sufficient recording bandwidth the entire mux could be recorded continuously, and then you would only need six of them to record EVERYTHING. I'm sure there are some installations which do that.
My Hauppauge USB dongle will do this for one DVB-T multiplex. I just haven't got the disk space to cope with the output. Somebody somewhere must have the ability to record everything - but why?

Back