Arrives Monday

F

fergiet

As a replacement for my much used 9200T a grade A 9150 should arrive on Monday. I know little about this model but just wanted a cheap replacement for the 9200T. I just hope it does as well as the 9200T.

:)

The 9150 is very similar to the 9200 so the experience should be similar (minus a few hardware features). What happened to the 9200?

It stopped getting a signal on 3 of the muxes. We get a strong signal from Craigkelly and the other Freeview bits of hardware in the house are fine (same aerial). Then the signal on the remaining muxes started to drop off. So thought it time to change.

Wonder if it is worth sending to Humax for repair ? Its about 4 years old but as the 9150 was less than £80 I thought not.

Any thoughts?

It stopped getting a signal on 3 of the muxes. We get a strong signal from Craigkelly and the other Freeview bits of hardware in the house are fine (same aerial). Then the signal on the remaining muxes started to drop off. So thought it time to change.
Did you try a manual tune? Were there any channels in the 800s? Have you checked the cabling for damage or water ingress? It is unusual for the tuner to lose signal strength; usually they either work or fail. I agree that if the tuner is damaged then a repair wouldn't be economic.

Yes I did the manual retune, tried a reset to default and a format. Nothing worked. Did notice a little "rust" on aeriel socket on hummy but no real sign of water ingress in cable. The fact that the aeriel out from the hummy feeds the tv freeview tuner (and it's fine) points to the hummy having the problem.

I suppose I can always use the hard drive in some way !

Well it's Tuesday today, did it arrive yesterday?

Presumably it should be fairly similar to the 9200, but without the display, and the USB port.

Yes it arrived Monday afternoon but I am away for a day or two so not got it connected up yet.

Found signs of damp/water getting into aeriel cable so getting that replaced on Wednesday. Suspect that may have been what buggered up the 9200t !

:(

Turns out the the cable was not the only problem. The aerial was damaged :( and needed to be replaced. Signal now fine and new 9150 up and running. So other than the extra cost all is fine !
:)

Have you tried the 9200 with the new aerial/cabling?

Hi Martin, yes I just tried it. We have muxes 33,29,26,23,42,39 from Craigkelly. The 9200t only gets a 20% strength signal on 29,26 and 23. On the other 3 the signal is zero. So I still think the water in the aerial lead has damaged the tuner.

Such a shame as it has worked fine for years only to be damaged by a faulty aerial and damp cable.

:(

Back