ASR doing its thing when not required

ejstubbs

Following the HDMI green screen issues documented on another thread, I've relegated my HDR-FOX T2 to my second string PVR*, only using it to record things when I have a logjam of schedules on what is now my main PVR. This means that there's often no programmes scheduled to record, although I do (for nostalgic reasons as much as anything else!) have a reminder set between ...

This arrangement seems to have the unexpected downside that ASR sees the recording schedule as empty whenever I start the Humax, causing a reboot after it's "restored" the schedule (which wasn't broken anyway).

Has anyone else epxerienced this? Is there any way around it?

* I can watch recorded programmes in SD via the Humax' AV cable connection, or if I actually want to watch an HD recording at its original definition then I can decrypt it, download it to my desktop computer and Handbrake it to an MP4 that I can then stream to my TV from my NAS.

The ASR package expected there to be an anti-OTA or anti-DSO reminder in the schedule. Just set up a pointless reminder (you tailed off there, a reminder should be enough). You may even be able to set it for 2039, by which time the box won't know the date anyway.

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant to say that I do have a reminder called "Disable OTA" set on channel 250 (BBC Red Button) from 04:20 to 04:40 every morning. I also have the disable-dso and disable-ota packages installed, and the setting for disable-ota to create a reminder over the OTA period is set to "yes". None of that stopped ASR from "restoring" the schedule and rebooting the Humax every time I started it up 😕

Apparently that's the one reminder that's ignored. You need another one, as above.

Why don't you just uninstall ASR?
You may even be able to set it for 2039, by which time the box won't know the date anyway.
Not only that, the whole of DVB has by then hit a different limit with a seemingly stupid decision around Modified Julian Dates which are transmitted as 16 bit quantities and we're already on day 59993. 65535 is 22/04/2038.

Apparently that's the one reminder that's ignored. You need another one, as above.

Thanks, will try that (although I do now have a couple of actual recordings scheduled on the Humax in the next couple of days, so I won't be able to check whether it works until they've been completed).

Why don't you just uninstall ASR?\

Because I do still sometimes schedule recordings on the Humax, and I like having the additional assurance of ASR in case e.g. the box decides to do a spontaneous factory reset (which happened to me for the first time not long ago).

Last edited:
Back