Assume v. Presume

It's "my wife is worse than I am" or "my wife is worse than me". It is NOT "my wife is worse than I".
If it was two people (other than yourself) you would say:
"my wife is worse than her" or "my wife is worse than she is", and NOT "my wife is worse than she" nor "my wife is worse than her is".

That's blx. Show me where in English grammar where that is the 'rule' that disproves my take on the 'I'/'me' situation. You have just invented that 'rule'.;)

Are you sure you don't you mean "Show I where..."?
It's just ridiculous. Looks up the differences between subject and object and when to use them. End of.

I was wrong, I was right. It just sounds posh and stilted, like using one rather than you.

If you ever meet an American, ask him to repeat after you:

Just going back a couple of steps ...

I ask them 'if you pronounce Kansas as 'Kan-sass' why don't you pronounces Arkansas as 'Arkan-sass' instead of 'Arkan-saw' ?

And there is the pronunciation of solder as sodder ...

I ask them 'if you pronounce Kansas as 'Kan-sass' why don't you pronounces Arkansas as 'Arkan-sass' instead of 'Arkan-saw' ?.
The very question I asked an American colleague down the pub. I made a bodge of asking the question (too much beer), so didn't get an adequate reply.

I think the answer would be along the lines of "it just is".

I forget exactly what was said in an interview with the emergency services in Florida on Breakfast this morning, but something that struck me was the pronunciation of a word with an -ily ending without the i - much like "up themselves" people over here pronounce 'medicine' "med'cine".

Back