At last

deezel

After two abortive attempts to install the CF on two seperate T2 boxes ( bricking them in the process) running 1.03.06 software I purchased a little used box running 1.02.32.

Anyways, CF installed fine but I now seem to have a couple of issues maybe someone could help with

Installed the full web ui and can access no problem on PC.

Initially the T2 showed up on my network and I copied a recorded file to my pc but it would not play either in wmp or pot player whereas copied files to my pc from my Foxsat (using CF) play fine.

Also the T2 will not show up in my network now

Also, when one highlights a file in the T2 you get the option too play it; this is not working either, the player just stays blank

I have a WD live TV box which access's the T2 and plays back recordings

You have decrypted the files first, haven't you? They won't play on anything other than the box they were recorded on if you haven't.

You will also need to install VLC, IIRC, to be able to view recordings on a PC via the WebIf.

You have decrypted the files first, haven't you? They won't play on anything other than the box they were recorded on if you haven't.

You will also need to install VLC, IIRC, to be able to view recordings on a PC via the WebIf.

Hi

On decryption: I installed ' auto-unprotect' and 'unencrypt' but I cannot access the files on my network so I cant copy anymore files to check if they will play. I cannot remember if I had installed unencrypt when I did copy the first file which didn't play.

Is VLC, IIRC a package supplied with the software ?

No, VLC is a standalone program. Here is a link to the website: http://www.videolan.org/

IIRC is an abbreviation of 'If I Remember Correctly'

HTH (Hope That Helps)

Sorry, not brilliant on abbs

I've dl vlc but the files will not play on the T2 (or the foxsat) VLC shows but it won't play the file; got to be something to do with the boxes not showing in the network I guess

Anyone suggest anything about the network problem?

Both boxes initially showed up on the network yesterday but not since

Still not sure that the files you are tying to play on your P.C. are decrypted, they need the green DEC icon, there are some notes on decryption on the WiKi HERE
T2 boxes ( bricking them in the process) running 1.03.06 software
The current advice is not to install any other version of software onto a unit running 1.03.06 especially units labelled as HDR-Fox T2/GB/RE

Still not sure that the files you are tying to play on your P.C. are decrypted, they need the green DEC icon, there are some notes on decryption on the WiKi HERE

The current advice is not to install any other version of software onto a unit running 1.03.06 especially units labelled as HDR-Fox T2/GB/RE

There is no green dec icon but I have 'unencrypt' installed.

On the media details of hd recordings I have made it says : Flags ODEncrypted

The Flags ODEncrypted flag means the files are encrypted, have you got Content Sharing turned on? i.e. from the WiKi notes " To use the DLNA - enabled features, Content Sharing must be turned on in the Humax menus (Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Settings)"

Back