Audio click/ pop when changing sd-hd

Robti

hi I have my box connected to a Yamaha receiver but at the moment only use hdmi pass through so the receiver is off and I use the tv for volume. Now when changing from sd to hd I get a click on the audio, this doesn’t happen when changing from sd to sd or hd to hd, also when on epg and I initially click on a channel opposite to the one I am on (again hd to sd or the reverse) I get the preview window up and the audio is fine but I press ok to view it and the audio and picture drops for a second then I get the click again when the channel comes up, any help ?
Thanks

Have you tried taking the Yamaha out completely ?, i.e. connecting directly from Humax to TV ?. Is the Yamaha off or in standby ?

No didn’t want to as it’s all built in an av unit and I thought to ask on here first in case it was a know issue, I will live with it for the moment till after 5he festive period and then take 5he receiver out of the loop

Thanks

All I can think of is that the TV (or whatever is decoding and outputting the sound) gets upset when switching between PCM and AAC audio encoding. If you change the Humax sound setting Menu >> Settings >> Preferences >> Audio >> Digital Audio Output = Stereo you won't get this problem (but neither will you get surround sound, on the rare occasions it is broadcast).

Regarding your weird use of numbers in your posts, eg
...after 5he festive period and then take 5he receiver out of the loop
...you may be suffering from a new feature in iOS11 which means you can type the shifted character on the keyboard by swiping downwards ("t" becomes "5" for example). If you find it irritating (I find it irritating to read), turn it off in Settings >> General >> Keyboard >> Enable Key Flicks.

Or is the 5 key just above the T key as on a PC keyboard?
Or proof read and edit?:)

All I can think of is that the TV (or whatever is decoding and outputting the sound) gets upset when switching between PCM and AAC audio encoding. If you change the Humax sound setting Menu >> Settings >> Preferences >> Audio >> Digital Audio Output = Stereo you won't get this problem (but neither will you get surround sound, on the rare occasions it is broadcast).

Regarding your weird use of numbers in your posts, eg

...you may be suffering from a new feature in iOS11 which means you can type the shifted character on the keyboard by swiping downwards ("t" becomes "5" for example). If you find it irritating (I find it irritating to read), turn it off in Settings >> General >> Keyboard >> Enable Key Flicks.

Thanks for both answers, I tried listening to it through the av receiver and no pops so your answer about the tv seems correct,I was only using this way as my harmony universal remote went on the blink, and thanks for the iOS answer I have now switched it off,couldn’t get used to it anyway

Back