Audio Editing

Hi BH, should have explained that a bit better. Came to myself in a dream last night and found a sort of solution. Use nicesplice to manually insert bookmarks to top and tail your .ts radio recording, crop and then extract the audio. A bit round the houses, but it does work.

arbookmarks and the web-if's Bookmarks can both add bookmarks to audio-only recordings.
Crop uses these fine.
Obviously a bit awkward if you want any accuracy but if your happy to leave a minute or 2 extra before and after then it works fine

arbookmarks and the web-if's Bookmarks can both add bookmarks to audio-only recordings.
Crop uses these fine.
Obviously a bit awkward if you want any accuracy but if your happy to leave a minute or 2 extra before and after then it works fine
find the beginning of your recording, stop and click on the file in web-if. This will open a information panel that shows you, amongst other things, that the recording will resume from where you stopped it, 11.00 minutes in for example. Convert this into seconds (660), this is your starting point for the nicesplice crop. find the end of recording 30.00 mins let's say, or 1800 seconds. you now have accurate (to the second) start and end times. Choose your crop option from the menu, and enter figures thus: 660 (space) 1800, you'll see the bookmarks created below, save them and perform the crop. A nicely topped and tailed .ts should be the result. You can then extract the audio.

find the beginning of your recording, stop and click on the file in web-if. This will open a information panel that shows you, amongst other things, that the recording will resume from where you stopped it...
Excellent idea. I will be using that within days.

My workflow would be: extract audio (MP3 not MP2), download to PC, top and tail in Audacity.

@ukayjohn: a great idea. I had assumed that as bookmarks could not be added with the handset, they could not be added. The work around I have used requires an Android device. As I usually want to convert the TS audio file to mp3, and this is very slow on the HDR-FOX, I use the HDR-FOX to convert to mp2. I then copy to the Android device and use an app called Mediaconverter to top and tail and convert to mp3. All these steps are quick so the whole process does not take very long.

Back