Audio reset to LL on channel change?

Mike2000

Hi,

I'm in the process of buying a whole new home AV system and the HD-FOX T2 looks like a good buy for a Freeview receiver.

However, I've read a few reviews that mention an issue with sound reverting to LL mono when you change channels. Most of the reviews are quite old, so I don't know whether this is still an issue - does anyone know if it's fixed in the latest firmware?

Thanks,

Mike

I have never seen this reported for the Humax HD-Fox T2 or Humax HDR-Fox T2, are you sure it wasn't the Foxsat?

I don't think it has ever reverted to mono. You do have to have the right settings, and preferably a fibre link to the AV (HDMI works too), and of course you are in the hands of the broadcaster whether the HiDef sound is stereo or 5.1.

The LL audio issue was a widely reported bug/issue on the HD-FOX T2 box going back to Feb 2010, I remember it well.:rolleyes:

Ah, O.K. that was before my HDR owenership. No reports lately so I guess it's fixed
We are talking about the HD-FOX T2, Not the HDR. The issue was finally fixed in Aug 2010 by upgrading to 1.00.16 firmware.

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies. Based on brian's info re the fix in the 1.00.16 firmware I'll probably go with this.

For reference, the problem was reported here (can't post proper urls yet so stick "www." in front of them):

+ whathifi.com - /Review/Humax-HD-FOX-T2/user-reviews
+ amazon.co.uk - /review/R2NMKLCF9U8OXD/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0036TGN8K&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=560798&store=electronics

Thanks again,

Mike

(can't post proper urls yet so stick "www." in front of them):

+ whathifi.com - /Review/Humax-HD-FOX-T2/user-reviews
+ amazon.co.uk - /review/R2NMKLCF9U8OXD/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0036TGN8K&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=560798&store=electronics

To post a URL, write some plain text e.g. AMAZON, then highlight the text and click on the 'chain link' symbol chain-link.jpg to add a link, Note you need to remove all character between amazon.co.uk and / like this AMAZON

The problem is that right now I've got less than 10 posts (3 including this one) and the forum won't let me create them until I have more.

The problem is that right now I've got less than 10 posts (3 including this one) and the forum won't let me create them until I have more.

Sorry, Now I see the problem. The 10 post check was added recently because the forum was being swamped with auto-generated posts from advert spammers

Have you found a source to purchase a HD-FOX T2 ? a number of retailers were selling them off recently for around £50.

I haven't yet - I've found a couple of refurbished ones, but I'm hoping I can find a new one somewhere in the next couple of days.

I'm all ears if you know anywhere still selling them...

Back