Audio Streams on 1100S

Joe Lavery

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to change the audio stream on the 1100S ?
I have some series recordings in MKV format and the default audio stream is Russian, I can simply change it on my WD TV Live, but I can't see how to swap it on the Humax.

I guess I could edit them all and set English as the default but I wanted to know if there was an easier way.

Thanks,
Joe.

Hi all,
I imagine the lack of any replies means that it's not possible to do what I asked. As it happens I've found two solutions if any-ones interested.

The first is to setup my WD TV Live which can select which audio track you want to use. So I have done that

However I found a little freeware program that will do it very quickly. It's called , (link below). It allows you to delete the Russian track and set the English track as default,
or you can simply set the English track as default and the Humax will ignore the Russian one. It takes about a minute to copy out the new file, and that's the trick don't set it to re-encode or it will take about an hour.

Incidentally if you decide to download it and try ot for yourself make sure you click on the correct download button.
These freeware sites have lots of sponsored ads that display huge down load buttons that have nothing to do with the program you want to download... you have been warned!!!

Hope that helps other users with similar problems.
(Well it seems I can't add a link until I've made 10 posts so just do a google search for Xmedia Recode, that should find it okay)

Joe.

Thanks for the heads up on that Joe. Possibly be of use to someone else. Good of you to 'close the loop.

No Problem Trev,
I belong to a number of forums, so I think it's polite if you ask for help that you're willing to provide it as well.
Many are just takers and not providers... :)

Best
Joe.

Back