Aura Android rebooting often

MikeSh

Our Aura seems to often (probably about once or twice a week but not regular) do a full Android restart, with the swirly circles and stuff, when woken up. It annoys SWMBO - it's 'her' box.
I've noticed when it does it to me that before waking it the indicator light is bright red (usually dim in stby) and then goes to bright blue (rather than dim blue) until the reboot is done when normal service is resumed.

I thought it might be to do with getting updates - Humax or Android apps - but it seems a bit frequent for that.

Anyone else seeing this?

I haven’t had a reboot in at least 8 months. I went through a period of daily reboots which was around the time Freeview were messing around with their frequencies and got rid of COM5.

I deleted all my timers, did a reset to delete all the channels and retuned, it’s been as good as gold ever since.

I think they have been changing some more channels recently but I have not had any issues yet and have not retuned.

Maybe worth a try?

I have written about this myself in the past and it's still happening. I've not tried reset/retuning just to avoid potential loss of recordings. Might try that if it really gets annoying - it last happened two nights ago.....

I have written about this myself in the past and it's still happening. I've not tried reset/retuning just to avoid potential loss of recordings. Might try that if it really gets annoying - it last happened two nights ago.....
You will not lose recordings just by deleting channels and retuning.

Even when you do a reset it is pretty clear when recordings will be deleted…. I haven’t managed to delete them yet 👍.

You can also back up your settings to preserve any customisation you may have done, but that will also include any timers which in this case you do not want to save.

I seem to recall that the aura does a full reboot/android restart every five days. This behaviour was added in one of the software updates in 2021.

I seem to recall that the aura does a full reboot/android restart every five days. This behaviour was added in one of the software updates in 2021.
That would probably fit. I'll try counting when it does it.

5 days would have been tomorrow (Thurs) but it's done it today, so it looks like it may be every 4 days. If so it should do it again next Sunday.

If so it should do it again next Sunday.
It did. So it looks like a programmed reboot on exiting standby every 4 days.

I guess if the box isn't used on day 4 it'll reboot when it is next woken up.
I wonder if it reboots when it wakes for a scheduled recording. (I usually wake it each morning to check/set the schedule, which is usually before any of that day's recordings.)

Last edited:
Back