Aura UHD android TV recorder November launch

When you are in the guide, the highlighted channel is the fourth of the seven displayed. When you press the up button, it does nudge up a line at a time, but the highlighted channel is still the fourth of the seven displayed. This behaviour continues until the highlighted channel is CH4, then further up button presses move the highlighted channel line to itv, BBC TWO, then BBC ONE. The next up button press takes you to the highest channel number at the bottom of the screen. Three more up button presses take the highlighted channel to the middle of the guide (line 4), then further presses nudge up a line at a time with the highlighted channel remaining the fourth of seven displayed.
Thanks Brian, that's very useful to know.

Morning
Been a while since I was in here-FOX-T2 still going strong :) Does anyone know if this new Aura box will allow you to stream content off my "old" HDR-FOX-T2-first thing the missus will ask if I shell out £250 for a new STB!

cheers

cabs

Morning
Been a while since I was in here-FOX-T2 still going strong :) Does anyone know if this new Aura box will allow you to stream content off my "old" HDR-FOX-T2-first thing the missus will ask if I shell out £250 for a new STB!

cheers

cabs
Nope, only way to play them is if you use the custom fox software and decrypt the programs and copy to a hard drive and connect to the Aura USB 3 or 2 . Then install say the VLC player app to playback, The only way to playback any recorded programs is to convert them to playback on say your phone at low quality. The Fox HDR is a keeper, only changed because of green screening. Love the Aura though problems and all. Latest this week is Channel 5 HD unwatchable even though all other channels usable and Philips TV plays the channel perfectly via cable pass-through?

Then install say the VLC player app to playback, The only way to playback any recorded programs is to convert them to playback on say your phone at low quality.
I am confused; if you can install VLC why can't you use the DLNA client capability in VLC to play content from the HDR-FOX T2?

I am confused; if you can install VLC why can't you use the DLNA client capability in VLC to play content from the HDR-FOX T2?
morrig is wrong, you can play content from HDR-FOX T2 remotely via network. Decrypted HD content will play as will SD content.

Oops yo
Oops you can, have FVP-5000 running upstairs, can play the files in folder, not mine (judge Judy) but partners, also because the PVR is more lockdown than the Fox the HD files not seen, so should be OK?.

Attachments

• IMG_20210107_151339-min.jpg
    IMG_20210107_151339-min.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20210107_151518-min.jpg
    IMG_20210107_151518-min.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20210107_145738-min.jpg
    IMG_20210107_145738-min.jpg
    648 KB · Views: 10
Cheers chaps-looks like it is dooable. Reading some of the reviews I think I will pass on the Aura for now, as it still seems to be a WIP. I'm going to keep the old Hummy that "slaves" off the T2-and get a Firestick 4K for the Samsung it attaches to (the Samsung is about 8 years old but still looks good-the wife wont let go of the white frame/silver stand 40" look of it-but the Smart part of it is seriously old-even BBC iPlayer refuses to play on it)

cabs

Decrypted HD content will play as will SD content.
Decrypted or unprotected? If true, why can't the Aura negotiate DTCP?

because the PVR is more lockdown than the Fox the HD files not seen
Not necessarily the right way around. The (unhacked) HDR-FOX will serve HiDef recordings by DLNA, but only if the client device negotiates DTCP (Digital Transmission Content Protection). Other DLNA servers should behave in the same way. Just because the Aura won't do that does not imply your 5000T is "more locked down".

morrig is wrong, you can play content from HDR-FOX T2 remotely via network. Decrypted HD content will play as will SD content.
Brian I don't have an Aura so please can you explain the process for playing content from an HDR-FOX T2 on an Aura.

why can't the Aura negotiate DTCP?
That would be explained if, instead of having a built-in DLNA client, the Aura relies on a third-party app (eg VLC). That being the case, then I would not expect a 5000T or unhacked HDR-FOX to serve HiDef*.

* Small print: to an Aura.

Last edited:
That being the case, then I would not expect a 5000T or unhacked HDR-FOX to serve HiDef.
I'm sure someone said you can stream HiDef from a 5000T. I have noticed that with the right piece of software (the name escapes me at present) you can see that some HiDef files might be served. From what I remember the URL (if that's the correct term in this context) has a large query string following it. Needless to say I clicked on the URL and crashed the 5000T. I'd imagine with the right piece of kit the correct negotiations would take place and the files would be served.

I'm sure someone said you can stream HiDef from a 5000T. I have noticed that with the right piece of software (the name escapes me at present) you can see that some HiDef files might be served.
I think a a pair of FVP-5000T can stream HD content between themselves but my experiments show you can't stream HD from an FVP-5000T to an HDR-FOX T2 but you stream undercrypted HD content from an HDR-FOX T2 to an FVP-5000T. My guess is that the FVP requires a more recent version of DTCP.

That would be explained if, instead of having a built-in DLNA client, the Aura relies on a third-party app (eg VLC). That being the case, then I would not expect a 5000T or unhacked HDR-FOX to serve HiDef*.
It does look as though that is the case with the Aura. However we have seen cases where it appears the DTCP is provided separately from the player software eg Amazon Firestick.

Brian I don't have an Aura so please can you explain the process for playing content from an HDR-FOX T2 on an Aura.
I have used VLC, and Kodi to play content from a HDR-FOX T2 via my network, although my limited trials have not been very satisfactory. Main issue has been lip sync, something that I didn't get when viewing via a HD-FOX T2.

it appears the DTCP is provided separately from the player software eg Amazon Firestick.
I presume the Firestick has built-in player capability. Maybe it is inheriting DTCP from the display it is connected to (the only sensible way to maintain the secure transport).

I have used VLC, and Kodi to play content from a HDR-FOX T2 via my network, although my limited trials have not been very satisfactory. Main issue has been lip sync, something that I didn't get when viewing via a HD-FOX T2.
I presume that means VCL and Kodi apps on the Aura, and the content was unprotected.

I meant, specifically, to an Aura.
Okay, I got that. But not many of us have one. Just going on the experience of the nearest model. You never know with Humax how the firmware for the Aura was constructed. From scratch or a bodge from the previous device. I'm assuming the latter. :)

Think I might get one of these to replace my broken fox t2. Seems a bit mixed reviews and possibly a bit new at the moment.

would anyone buy anything different currently.

Back