Auto Decrypt not decrypting

tolksee

Hi,

I've been successfully using the auto unencrypt Add-on for a long time, but recently I've found that although the "Enc" label is removed from recordings, they are in fact still encrypted and don't play on PC or tablet.

I suspect that this coincided with me updating the Firmware, but I can't be certain. I've re-flashed both 03.12 and 02.32, and also reset all custom firmware settings etc. But still new recordings aren't decrypted, despite the "Enc" flag being removed from the GUI...

No warnings present in webif.

So, what could be the problem??? I'm not too hot with Unix, but could probably get logs if needed if you give me instructions.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Auto decrypting is a two stage process. You have only mentioned the first part. The first part is the unprotection of the recording as shown by the 'Enc' flag being removed from the GUI.

The second part is the decryption itself. Check the relevant folders in the WebInterface Browse that you have set the auto-decrypt option for those folders.

I've been successfully using the unencrypt Add-on for a long time, but recently I've found that although the "Enc" label is removed from recordings, they are in fact still encrypted and don't play on PC or tablet.

I suspect that this coincided with me updating the Firmware, but I can't be certain. I've re-flashed both 03.12 and 02.32, and also reset all custom firmware settings etc. But still new recordings aren't decrypted, despite the "Enc" flag being removed from the GUI...
Is Content Sharing turned on in the Humax Menus; it has been known to turn itself off.

Hi,

I've been successfully using the unencrypt Add-on for a long time, but recently I've found that although the "Enc" label is removed from recordings, they are in fact still encrypted and don't play on PC or tablet.

No warnings present in webif.

So, what could be the problem??? I'm not too hot with Unix, but could probably get logs if needed if you give me instructions.

Thanks in advance.
Work your way through the Decryption Guide (click) and check you have all your ducks in a row for the particular decryption method you prefer (Method 1). Note that users of Method 1 should transfer to Method 2 as a matter of course, because it has much better support and integrates properly with the other WebIF auto processes.

The second part is the decryption itself. Check the relevant folders in the WebInterface Browse that you have set the auto-decrypt option for those folders.
The OP already said he's using the unencrypt package.

W
The OP already said he's using the unencrypt package.
Yes, but then only reported checked the enc flag. This is something which has been reported a few times before now with a confusion with an unencrypt package.

Hi,

Sorry I was/am using auto decrypt. I have it set on the "My Videos" folder.

However I did not have Content Sharing set to Yes so hopefully that's the issue. Will check tomorrow.

Thanks for the help guys.

Just so that you are aware: the title of this discussion is misleading. Unencrypt is a specific package, you are using auto-decrypt.

Back