Auto decrypt stopped working

fenlander

Earlier this week, my HDR-Fox T2 (1.03.12/3.13) suffered a hard disk error. I ran Fixdisk which appears to have fixed the problem, though I now see 8 reallocated sectors.
However, since then I am unable to make Autodecrypt (including recursive) work. I can decrypt manually, but new files are not queued for auto decryption. I have tried resetting the DLNA database and obviously, I have reset the autodecrypt flags on folders, but still no autodecrypt.
Can anyone suggest what I should try next?

Are there any clues in the logs, especially auto.log and webif-error.log ?

Can you see the queue display?
Corruption of the queue databases is a common cause of problems and can be resolved by deleting it
Code:
rm /mod/etc/queue.db

Hi, MymsMan. Thanks for helping.
I've deleted all the tasks in the queue bar 1, which shows as completed but will not delete. I'm guessing this is due to a database corruption. How do I delete the database?
No clues in the logs.

Occasionally I've been able to delete stalled entries in the queue only after I've disabled auto-processing.
If you haven't done that already it may be worth a try.

Normally a corrupt database means you can't access it all though I can't explain why you couldn't delete the last completed entry.
You can delete the entire database via telnet or the webshell command line on diag page
Code:
rm /mod/etc/queue.db

If you are still having problems then further diagnosis will be needed.
  • Turn on debugging logging (Settings->Auto-Processing Setting->Auto-processing log level)
  • Double check that Content sharing is turned On
  • Use Browse ->Queue for to manually queue recordings for decryption and other options (e.g.shrink)
  • Make a short recording that should be auto decrypted
  • Report which ones work/fail
  • Post the auto.log for the period

Thanks again. I have deleted queue.db and reset autodecrypt. Now waiting for Countdown to record at 14.10 (and hopefully decrypt).

After a clean-up of old 'original' files and a reboot, everything now appears to be working as it should and the queue database looks good.
Many thanks.

Back