Auto decrypt?

b0redom

Hi,
I've just installed the latest custom firmware and I'm interested in copying all the content on it (mostly kids telly) to a NAS. It's mostly SD, but ftp etc doesn't unencrypt on the fly, so I'm having move stuff around by USB which is slow.

I've enabled auto-decrypt, but it doesn't seem to unlock on the fly. Does this only effect new recordings?

Am I missing something? It it possible to do what I want?

Cheers...

b0redom

Files are never decrypted on-the-fly during FTP copying, they are decrypted on-the-fly during a Web-If >> OPT+ >> download request. Auto-decrypt will work on files in a selected folder every 10 Minutes if the files have been DLNA indexed, files should not be FTPed until they have the 'DEC' icon against them and for this to work content sharing must be enabled. Note, Auto-decypt is not the same as Auto-Unprotect, which unlocks Hi-Def. files so that tey can be decrypted in the same way Standard Def. files are. There are some more guidelines to decryption on the WiKi HERE

Hi,
I've just installed the latest custom firmware and I'm interested in copying all the content on it (mostly kids telly) to a NAS. It's mostly SD, but ftp etc doesn't unencrypt on the fly, so I'm having move stuff around by USB which is slow.

I've enabled auto-decrypt, but it doesn't seem to unlock on the fly. Does this only effect new recordings?

Am I missing something? It it possible to do what I want?

Cheers...

b0redom
Details HERE (click). See also Things Every... (click) section 5.

Thanks... Just what I was looking for. I've got around the problem for now by copying everything to an external drive, but this is way better.

b0redom

Back