Auto Detect Ad Breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just dual recording + decrypting one file? Should be well within the capabilities of the box.
Crashed as in said Crash on the front panel?

no crash, just not responding to anything remote+panel. no entry in crash log
I may have been watching a recording as well.

Remember that it isn't yet tuned. It's possible to change the parameters to better suit some channels, and even some programmes.

I have swapper 1.0.1. Do not remember installing it.
You might not have installed it directly. I think that it is now installed as a dependency of Web-If since Mongoose was replaced with Lighttpd. Presumably the more sophisticated Lighttpd needs more memory to run smoothly.

Remember that it isn't yet tuned. It's possible to change the parameters to better suit some channels, and even some programmes.

That's what happens with the commercial(!) alternatives. If you have to fiddle with parameters, might as well forget it.

From telnet:

Code:
humax# cd /mod/webif/plugin/detectads
humax# ./test "/media/My Video/A Recording File.ts"
That got something going. Why it not working in WebIF?

HDR1 doesn't give me the graphical display of bookmarks on the timeline either - is this something to do with 1.02.20/2.20?

The RS server can act as a time source to reduce that to a second or two (depending on network latency).
There are issues to think about:
  • If the recording is non-AR, is it made on system time or broadcast time?
  • Is the file creation time and/or the time code in the file name based on system time or broadcast time?
  • AR recordings will start at non-minute quantisation, which is not reflected in the file name.
  • If the detectads process is run some time after a recording has been made, how can you tell how much system clock drift has occurred in the mean time?

I have a thought that if some people(!) are quite happy to manually edit out the ads, perhaps they could upload the cut points to the RS server for us, and save a whole lot of effort (says he, with toungue plugged firmly into cheek!!)

How would that work then?

Most of the time, skipping 4 minutes works fine. For anything I want to keep, I am prepared to do an edit, but the chances of anyone else wanting that file would be minimal. Uploading it would no doubt be illegal. (Though I like the idea of short-circuiting thousands of us recording a program, downloading it to a PC and editing it, by simply sticking the finished result on a server! Even uploading the cut-points, if it would work for an AR program, would be a bonus, and legal.

Would my cut points coincide with everyone else's or be seconds out?

And what would this have to do with ar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back