auto-mount

Dave_G

Afternoon all!

I'm using the network shares auto-mount (correct name?) package to mount two NAS folders to my HD Fox box. It works great, and the drives show up under USB as soon as the box is turned on.

I have been using the Foxlink package to do the same thing but linking to the HDR box. However, it used to be very slow to create the folder (under USB) and recently seems to have stopped altogether, no matter how many times I re-enter the IP address of the HDR. When it was working, it would often take 5-10 minutes before the HDR showed up. (I'm running via Homeplugs, which may not help).

Anyway, I'd like to use auto-mount to create the link downstairs. I have the folder created (under Modsettings/smb) with the correct IP, however I don't know what folder name to use, whether I need a specific user, and basically any other settings! (workgroup etc.) Content sharing is on on the HDR.

Many thanks!

Dave

I am using
domain = WORKGROUP
folder = Media
host = (your IP address separated using _ instead of .)
You should be able to leave the other settings as they are. You also need the samba package on your HDR.

cheers brian - it sounds like folder name was the important bit - I kept trying My Video and variations on a theme. I then wondered if it should be nfs... incidentally, is it Media or media? (case sensitive? I assumed yes?)

I'm not sure if it is case sensitive, but they are the settings that I have used on a number of HDR's.

cheers brian - it sounds like folder name was the important bit - I kept trying My Video and variations on a theme. I then wondered if it should be nfs... incidentally, is it Media or media? (case sensitive? I assumed yes?)
In the actual Linux file system it is 'media' not 'Media' and it is case sensitive, however it may not matter in the folder = Media setting because there may be something doing a conversion to lower case for you

Anyway, I'd like to use auto-mount to create the link downstairs. I have the folder created (under Modsettings/smb) with the correct IP, however I don't know what folder name to use, whether I need a specific user, and basically any other settings! (workgroup etc.) Content sharing is on on the HDR.
I think THIS (click) is the topic you want, and Post 244 (click) should give you the right steer.

Back