Auto not sending emails for matching items on specific channel

ian_j

I use Auto to send me emails for quite a few matching words / phrases.

I have 2 set up for Radio 2: Comedy & Comedian both in the synopsis field and as below:

*comedy*
*comedian*

Neither has ever sent me an email and I have just done a manual search on the EPG and there is one of each coming up this week, 21st and 22nd.

Am I doing something wrong?

These are the synopsis for each program:

21st:

Steve and the team chat to actor David Haig and comedy writer Andy Hamilton. Plus, more fascinating Factoids, the latest showbiz news, the Non-Stop Oldies and loads of great music.

22nd:

Steve and the team chat to 70s heart-throb David Essex and actor-comedian Hugh Dennis. Plus, more fascinating Factoids, the latest showbiz news and the Non-Stop Oldies.

I've tried using the matching events from the Auto menu but that gave no results.

I love the custom firmware and portal and this is the 1st issue I have had.

Hopefully someone can help me resolve this.

If you put *comedy* in both fields, then the word 'comedy' must appear in both fields to get a match.
You probably want to use two rules. One with *comedy* in just the name and one with it in just the synopsis field.

Isn't the OP saying that he has two searches, one where synopsis = *comedy* and another where synopsis = *comedian*

Just tried a random word from a Radio 2 program and that wasn't found either although dozens of other channels had matches in their synopsis.

Radio channels included.

FYI I manually tuned the Humax and have no 800 channels and no custom favourites.

Only thing I did to channels was delete all of the adult & shopping crap.

I have tried both of your searched i.e. synopsis = *comedy* and synopsis = *comedian* and I get lots of entries for both, It does work with the '*'s in place although I would tend to not use them. Do you get E-mails about other searches?
My setup was :-
Type = Email . . . Events
synopsis = *comedy*
All other fields = default
EDIT
Sorry I have just re-read your original post , I hadn't set channel = BBC Radio 2, if that is added to the search, I get 'No Results Found'

When you say you did a manual search on the EPG, Is that a search on the Web-If >> EPG? as this uses a different database to the Remote Schedule Server >> Auto

Just went through all of my BBC Radio channels and did the following:

Copy and paste a random word from a show on the EPG into Auto and add a search for that word on the relevant channel.

EG greenfinch on Radio 4

"Show Matching Events" for that particular Auto search.

Every station worked except Radio 2

My BBC Channels are as below:

700 - BBC Radio 1
701 - BBC R1X
702 - BBC Radio 2
703 - BBC Radio 3
704 - BBC Radio 4
705 - BBC R5L
706 - BBC R5SX
707 - BBC 6 Music
708 - BBC Radio 4 Ex
709 - BBC Asian Net.
710 - BBC World Sv.

When you say you did a manual search on the EPG, Is that a search on the Web-If >> EPG? as this uses a different database to the Remote Schedule Server >> Auto

You are correct neither show has the word comedy or comedian in them on the Remote Schedule Server, hmm any way round this?

I didn't realise that the Web-if & Auto used different data.

When setting up Auto emails I always use the Remote Schedule Server as it has it's own EPG on it.

Until recently the Remote Schedule Server used an EPG from af123's local TV area (Yorkshire), however this caused problems when trying to record local programmes e.g. Local News etc.. Now each TV region is uploaded by user's Humax boxes so each user should get his/her own TV region displayed, however they may not always be the same. When using the Remote Scheduler the EPGs are held on af123's server, when using the Web-If EPG you are using the EPG on your Humax. Do you see the correct Local News displayed when you look at the Remote Scheduler EPG? It will be present from Monday to Friday on BBC1 between 18:30 and 19:00

Re Local News - Yes I manually picked the transmitter when tuning so as to avoid duplicate channels.

AFAIK Radio 2 is national so the EPG synopsis should be nationwide too.

Back