auto retune event slipped through

mihaid

I found my T2 on the screven where the only option was next which when pushed proceeded to retune. On checking it seems there was a retune today. Was the disable Package not supposed to stop these?

As I have reminded people many times, disable-dso cannot be 100% effective. In order for disable-dso to remove a scheduled retune event, there has to be a boot process after the retune event is added to the schedule database and before the event triggers. If your 'HDR is left on for long periods, there are no boots taking place. Even if your 'HDR is not on for long periods, there is a finite probability of a retune event slipping through.

The only sure way to prevent a retune event is to stick with firmware 1.02.20.

On the other hand, disable-ota defends against auto-updates, not auto-retunes.

That sounds more like a random factory reset than a retunes event. They happen from time to time and we don't yet know why.

That sounds more like a random factory reset than a retunes event. They happen from time to time and we don't yet know why.
I've made some observations about occasional wizarding here. I can add a little. A few days ago my HD-FOX wizarded. It was working fine at 2am when I switched it to standby. As I have the system monitor package installed, I know it booted for its disable-OTA reminder at 4.20am. It shut down at 4.30am, 10 minutes early. From recording schedule backups it is apparent that a 4.30am auto-update had sneaked through. It seems that having an auto-update event in the schedule during a reminder period increases the likelihood of the box wizarding. This may not be all that is required: I can't say that if you have an OTA reminder set up and an an auto-update event in the schedule that it will definitely cause the box to wizard. I can say that most wizard events I have encountered have occurred overnight. This must be more likely to happen during the OTA reminder period than when the box is in standby. On two occasions, I am sure that the box wizarded at about 4.30am and on one of these occasions I am sure that there was an auto-update event scheduled at 4.30am.

mine happened yesterday evening. I became aware of it at about 7.30pm

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 23
Back