Auto retune

trog

I have never auto retuned my Aura since setting it up and I was wondering if doing so means I lose my favourite listing and scheduled recordings as happens on a non CF T2 or is that annoying trait no longer an issue with the Aura. I see no mention of this in the manual or in an online search of the subject.

I have never auto retuned my Aura since setting it up and I was wondering if doing so means I lose my favourite listing and scheduled recordings as happens on a non CF T2 or is that annoying trait no longer an issue with the Aura. I see no mention of this in the manual or in an online search of the subject.
I can't guarantee that you won't lose the schedule of recordings but when I did a recent autotune on my Aura I was pleasantly surprised to find the schedule of recordings intact. You can also save the User Preferences in Freeview Play Preferences (including recording schedule and favourites) and even copy it off the box with FTP and copy it back to the box and have everything restored (note I haven't tested the restore yet).

I can't guarantee that you won't lose the schedule of recordings but when I did a recent autotune on my Aura I was pleasantly surprised to find the schedule of recordings intact. You can also save the User Preferences in Freeview Play Preferences (including recording schedule and favourites) and even copy it off the box with FTP and copy it back to the box and have everything restored (note I haven't tested the restore yet).
Thank you Martin. I had a vague memory of that being the case from when I first set up my Aura but was not sure. It was getting a bit tiresome using only Quest+1 since Quest moved, I doubt that much else has changed that affects my usual viewing though hence it taking me so long to bother retuning.

Back