[auto-schedule-restore] Not restoring all recordings

G4DDS

I mentioned this a few weeks ago in another thread (so it probably got overlooked) but I retuned last night and let the package do it stuff and after the reboot I again noticed that both my channel 5 entries (Gotham and The Gadget Show) had not been restored.

I could see from the number of scheduled recordings that there was in fact another recording missing and upon further investigation the problem also affects scheduled recordings on Really.

Anyone else have any problems with any other channels not having their schedules restored? Any chance this bug can be fixed?

Good spot - the old grey matter letting me down! To be honest after posting I wasn't even sure it was this board I had mentioned it on!

Anyway, you jogged my memory about the change folder on the webif also not working - I can confirm that Really is also affected by this as well as channel 5.

I suspect the fact that both channel 5 and Really recordings cannot be restored and cannot have their folder name changed is probably related; maybe some configuration changes on the multiplex that has broken something???

A folder change is only possible for series recordings (not individual recordings), and a reboot is required before the change can be incorporated. Did you meet both these conditions?

OK, I had started testing before your reply.
Not surprisingly, the test confirms what you say... the rs allows you to set it for an individual recording, but it has no effect.

OK, I had started testing before your reply.
Not surprisingly, the test confirms what you say... the rs allows you to set it for an individual recording, but it has no effect.
WebIF used to let you do this as well, but it didn't work. Once this was pointed out it was modified to only allow it on series. Sounds like the same 'bug' is still in the RS package.
I suspect the fact that both channel 5 and Really recordings cannot be restored and cannot have their folder name changed is probably related; maybe some configuration changes on the multiplex that has broken something???
We currently have a recording on C5 with folder change working, so it is not a C5 problem per se.

A folder change is only possible for series recordings (not individual recordings), and a reboot is required before the change can be incorporated. Did you meet both these conditions?

Been doing folder changes for years. It is only recently it has stopped working but only on C5 and Really (for me at least). I only noticed because the auto schedule restore failed to restore these so I had to add them manually.

No one has commented on why the auto schedule restore is also not restoring my C5 and Really programmes?

We currently have a recording on C5 with folder change working, so it is not a C5 problem per se.

Can you try it with either The Gadget Show or Gotham (Monday night's) and then try and change the folder name from the web GUI (I don't use RS). Curious as to why mine doesn't.

Just to clarify, when I try and change the name the dialog box appears, I type the new name and press update, the screen refreshes but simply shows the existing schedules. There is no pending list at the top with the new folder name and no strikethrough on the old existing scheduled recording.

Last edited:
OK. I've gone into a box, set up series recordings for Gadget Show and Gotham (Monday night), rebooted to action them. Then changed both to record into an existing (no-flatten) folder, shown as pending, etc. Rebooted and both now show correctly as recording to the new destination.
That doesn't mean they will do that, as I think that was the old bug with being able to set destinations for single programmes - it looked like it had taken the commands, but then didn't actually work on the day. So I'll leave them to record on Monday, see what happens and report back. [Edit. Just noticed that Gotham has rescheduled itself to 03:10 Sunday - C5 just cannot get the hang of these IDs can they!]

One possible difference here - I use Multimode with most channels using AR and C5 and a few others on padding. It's never made a difference before with series folders, etc, but ....

cheers MikeSh,

When you pressed update did you get the usual pending list at the top with the new folder name and a strikethrough on the old existing scheduled recording?

When you pressed update did you get the usual pending list at the top with the new folder name and a strikethrough on the old existing scheduled recording?
Yes, with the prompt for a reboot.
It recorded Gotham early this morning correctly into the specified folder, so looks like it's worked OK. I'll let it do the Gadget Show and another Gotham tomorrow evening too to be sure.

Well this is strange. Still can't change folders on channel 5 or Really but just to prove it is working on others I have just successfully renamed "Alan Carr: Chatty Man" (to remove the semi-colon) and as expected it is in my pending list. Whilst this is pending I have just tried to change the folder on the Really recording and it won't do it. The screen refreshed but the pending list still just shows Alan Carr.

Don't quite know what to try. I can't help thinking that the fact that the same channel 5 and Really recordings that I can't change the folder for also do not get restored after a re-tune when the auto-schedule-restore package does it's stuff are some how related?

What semi-colon?

I think a factory reset would be worth a try. It sounds like maybe the databases have got into a twist.

Out of curiosity, I took Black Hole's advice. I un-installed auto-schedule-restore to prevent it interfering (and restoring the schedule) and did a factory reset, went through the wizard, scanned channels, gave it a few minutes to populate the guide, selected the next episode of Gadget Show (series linked) on channel 5 using the TV guide on the Humax, then checked the schedule via the web browser was as expected (i.e. just the Gadget Show and the auto update event) and then tried to change the folder but it did exactly the same as before!

Rebooted, and the auto update event has gone, newk has done its job and renamed it for me, but trying to change the folder name via the web-if juts won't work. I tried Haunting Australia on Really and that won't change either. Picked a random on series on BBC One and was able to successfully change the folder on that.

At a loss as to what is happening but I think we have ruled out any database corruption. Must be something else broken in either the web-if or add-on I have installed?

As I keep saying, the fact auto-schedule-restore won't restore the channel 5 and Really recordings seems a little coincidental.

Sorry for the multiple posts, but just tried to restore a schedule backup and got this:

Restoring New Haunting: Australia (Really)
No change in channel service.
Error inserting event, unrecognized token: "X'a"
Restoring New: The Gadget Show (Channel 5)
No change in channel service
Error inserting event, unrecognized token: "X'1"
Restoring New: Gotham (Channel 5)
No change in channel service.
Error inserting event, unrecognized token: "X'1"

All other schedules restored fine. Looks like it is something strange in the EPG data affecting schedule backups from the web-if, changing folders and the auto-schedule-restore package. I wonder if af123 is around he has any ideas?

The tokens must be present in the OTA EPG otherwise immediately after the factory reset (before I tried to restore a schedule) it would have worked. The fact it didn't must mean there is something strange going on with the OTA EPG data being broadcast. I wonder if it is transmitter related - I am on Sutton Coldfield (West Midlands).

Last edited:
I am at a loss to explain it.

Thanks for giving me some ideas to try and at least it has ruled out anything wrong with my setup. Also thanks to MikeSh as well.

Hopefully af123 will drop by and maybe able to shed some light on what is going on.

Back