Auto-Schedule-Restore working?

Chris Green

I had a feeling this wasn't working after the latest firmware and CF versions were installed recently.

Last week I ran a re-tune, after first backing up my timers. After a reboot, as expected there were no timers, so I ran a restore and all was well.

Since then I've added auto-schedule-restore, and just to see how it works, I retuned again, after backing up timers. When I did the reboot (with a full power-off this time), the only 'timer' to appear was one labelled 'Disable OTA' set for the BBC Red Button channel during the daily wake-up period.

I ran the usual restore timers routine, and yes, my timers came back, and the Disable OTA 'timer' disappeared.

Weird or am I missing the point?

That looks like a race condition between disable-ota and auto-schedule-restore. I will have to fix it in one package or the other.

Sorry, it's worse than I thought. I uninstalled disable-ota, and tried again. Still no restored timers despite a full 30 second power-off and re-boot after retuning once more. I'd never tried auto-schedule-restore before so I can't say if it worked before the latest CF came out. Maybe a clash with something else I've got installed?

That could be because disable-ota added the one schedule entry (while it was installed) which was then backed up as your restore point.

That could be because disable-ota added the one schedule entry (while it was installed) which was then backed up as your restore point.

But that would mean that my latest back-up only has one entry (or none), when in fact, it was perfectly intact when re-instated via the restore back-up routine. It's just the automatic restore aspect that's not working for me.

Back