Auto-unprotect not scanning on HD-FOX T2

How often does the HDD scan take place?
I have again got two HD recordings with ENC flags. I know I can remove them manually but should that be necessary?
All CF fully up to date.

I have just checked an HD recording made last night and it has had its ENC flag removed, but the others remain.

I have made three test HD recordings this morning. Two by pressing the record button on the remote whilst watching and one by Timer. The timer recording has lost its ENC flag immediately the other two haven't!

It does appear to occasionally miss programmes. It scans the disk periodically for new recordings but there is probably a race condition somewhere.

xyz321 is working on a better unprotect package which hooks into the kernel inotify system so it is informed when a file is closed. It should be better.

It does appear to occasionally miss programmes. It scans the disk periodically for new recordings but there is probably a race condition somewhere.

xyz321 is working on a better unprotect package which hooks into the kernel inotify system so it is informed when a file is closed. It should be better.
It seems to be working pretty well on the HDR. I did have problems when in chase play mode but this is resolved by hooking into all file close events (not just closure on write). The change to the unprotect flag happens immediately the recording is finished or if in chase play mode when both recording and play back has stopped.

xyz321 is working on a better unprotect package
Is it included in the latest update?

Also does resetting the ENC flag using Opt+ make it immune to changes by auto-unprotect?
I suppose it should. Just curious. I have no need to use it, yet! ;)

Is it included in the latest update?
Yes
Also does resetting the ENC flag using Opt+ make it immune to changes by auto-unprotect?
I suppose it should. Just curious. I have no need to use it, yet! ;)
Presumably you mean setting the ENC flag in the web interface. That's a good point, at the moment it will keep trying to remove the ENC flag. Probably one for the next update.

ENC flags finally removed from the recordings I made using the record button on the remote. I have reset one using Opt+ in Webif to see if it survives the periodic scan.

ENC flags finally removed from the recordings I made using the record button on the remote. I have reset one using Opt+ in Webif to see if it survives the periodic scan.
There is no periodic scan anymore. The encryption flag will be removed (again) when you play and stop the recording.

There is no periodic scan anymore. The encryption flag will be removed (again) when you play and stop the recording.
Confirmed. The ENC flags had survived until played back.
Not much point resetting. I couldn't see the need in the first place but I had to try to see what happened. If there is a button there I will probably push it. :D

"What happens if I press this button marked 'Do not press this button'?"

"I wouldn't!...."​

"Oh."

"What happened?"​

"A sign lit up saying 'Please do not press this button again'."

Does the description in Package Management need rewording?

Edit: (and Wiki)

Fine. As long as it describes what's in the tin.
It's just me being picky, but things do get overlooked.

Confirmed. The ENC flags had survived until played back.
Not much point resetting. I couldn't see the need in the first place but I had to try to see what happened. If there is a button there I will probably push it. :D
With the latest version of auto-unprotect (1.0.4) any recordings made before the last reboot will be ignored by auto-unprotect so you can then set the ENC flag in the webif if you wish.

I was playing with ad-hoc HiDef recordings last night (HDR-FOX - I have confirmed you can record two programmes on one mux simultaneously and still have free access to view any other channel, and then when one of the recordings ends wind back the time-shift buffer and record that!), and it was not much short of a miracle to be browsing the media list and see the Enc flags disappear before my very eyes!

Hi. I've had a 1TB T2 for a few weeks now that came with the latest official firmware. I installed the modified firmware and a handful of packages including the virtual disc and auto de-protect package. Performing a manual copy to the virtual disc removes the protection but the auto de-protect never seems to kick-in. The main disc + virtual disc can be almost empty so space is not an issue.

I've also seen a few times where the box is doing nothing, I start a +opt copy to the virtual disc, it seems to be doing things but at the end there are no new files on the virtual disc. Trying again mostly works fine. This does not happen that often, maybe 2 out of ten times.

I was going to try a remove + re-install of the packages. I did notice that some of the 4 or 5 packages I installed did not seem to give a 'finished' style message after installing - rather they seemed to download, start installation and stop. Anything I can check? Thanks.

Hi. I've had a 1TB T2 for a few weeks now that came with the latest official firmware. I installed the modified firmware and a handful of packages including the virtual disc and auto de-protect package. Performing a manual copy to the virtual disc removes the protection but the auto de-protect never seems to kick-in. The main disc + virtual disc can be almost empty so space is not an issue.
The auto-unprotect package only removes the encryption flag, it does not decrypt any files. The encryption flag is removed when the recording finishes or if you are in chase play mode, when the playback is finished. Copying the files to the virtual disk will not make any difference to the encryption flag but should decrypt them provided that the encryption flag has been previously removed.

Is that not what you are seeing?

Back