Auto unprotect not working with BBC ONE HD?

ukayjohn

Anyone else noticed this? In the last few days, HD recordings made from BBC ONE HD are shown with the ENC flag still in place. All other BBC/HD channel recordings are un ENC'd once completed. This means that for BBC ONE HD auto decrypt will not run, nor is the option to do the manual decrypt available in Web-If. Is this down to something the broadcaster is doing?.

Weird you should quote that particular program, that's one of the ones that didn't for me!. Sunday's Partners In Crime didn't either, yet The Javone Prince show un-ENC'd/Auto-Decrypted as expected on BBC TWO HD... I'm on Winter Hill transmitter, should that make a difference?.

Were you chase playing these?
Try running this from the command line and see what it does:
Code:
humax# /mod/sbin/unprotect --dlna --scan --dlna

Anything in your Recmon log related to those programs
(unfortunately the log is not timestamped)

A friend has reported a similar recent failure of auto-decrypt; I will collect his details...

Thanks for the help/info. Checked on Monday, and Partners In Crime HAD decided to un ENC itself and Decrypt, Copied ENC'd Ripper Street back from my external drive to the Hummy, and it too un ENC'd and Decrypted! all the more impressive as I had already bookmarked and cropped it with Nicesplice!. Ah, the joys of owning a Humax!. I will check logs to see if that sheds any light on what's going on...

As mentioned in #5, if you are watching and recording at the same time, you may find the ENC flag remains until the Humax has been placed in stand-by

i.e. if you are currently tuned to (one of) the recordings underway, but "live", not watching from the TSR buffer? does that still cause the ENC issue?

The HMT utility cant update the files if they are in use by other processes.

Another possible cause of problems with Auto-unprotect is that both it and the Auto process are triggered by Recmon at the end of recording and run in parallel, if you use Flatten or Sweeper to move recordings it is possible for them to be moved before unprotect can check them.

I have seen a number of log message like:
Code:
709 at file "/mod/etc/recmon.d/auto-unprotect", line 14
708 at file "/mod/sbin/unprotect", line 18
707 in procedure 'process_ts' called at file "/mod/sbin/unprotect", line 73
706 in procedure 'handle_file' called at file "/mod/sbin/unprotect", line 80
705 Cannot open '/media/My Video/Two Tribes/Two Tribes_20150804_1800.ts'
704 /mod/etc/recmon.d/auto-unprotect:14: Error: Processing: /media/My Video/Two Tribes/Two Tribes_20150804_1800.ts/mod/sbin/unprotect:18: Error: open: No such file or directory

Does that include watching live? Or only if watching "chase"?
I would have guessed (probably incorrectly) that it would affect both live and chase, however the times I have seen this happen, has been during chase-play, so I would agree with prpr

I would have guessed (probably incorrectly) that it would affect both live and chase, however the times I have seen this happen, has been during chase-play, so I would agree with prpr
Auto unprotect gets triggered when the nts file gets closed at the end of recording, with chase play the files will still be open by the play function when the end of recording functions are triggered

Back